So basically i want a wah that i can use for blues/rock/country. I dont use a whole lot of gain except on occasion. I have already eliminated the crybaby as i want a smoother voicing. i want more of a "sweet" tone if that makes any sense. i am running a standard telecaster through an epiphone combo most of the time just so you know. thanks in advance ug.
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
DigitechRP250Multi-effect
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
JimDunlupXtraHeavyPicks\m/
\m/=my live setup
Which crybaby did you try? You'd probably like the 535q crybaby as it's got some different voicing switches.

A vox wah is a lot more mellow. i don't know about smooth, but definitely mellow
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
i think ur talking about a warm tone. try big gauge strings and humbuckers! but for the wah try a Morleys Mark Tremonti Wah but i dont see whats wrong with the cry baby 535Q Multi Wah u can get any tone u desire out of that.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
well right now im playing primarily in a church youth band so mellow sounds good. plus im kind of pushing my solo stuff towards a mellow country jam thing. i have heard the vox is def. mellow but are there any other pedals that are mellow as well?
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
\m/=my live setup
Yeah, a Tele into a wah can be kind of "spikey", for want of a better term. A humbucker may help, as stated....or a compression pedal working with the wah might be good, very good idea if you want to play country at any rate, regardless if you have a wah or not.

The 535Q is probably a good bet for you though.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
yeah well i have a schecter w/ hb in it. i also have a super overdrive and a noise suppresor. the noise suppresor gives me some natural compression so im good with all of that. im not a noob to this stuff and i know that tele's are "spikey" but im used to that and know how to harness a telecasters bite. i want a mellow wah because of this though. oh and i use .10's on all guitars so they aren't really too thin
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
\m/=my live setup
with the 535 crybaby, i know it has a boost switch. with that could i boost the low end to mellow the pedal out?
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
\m/=my live setup
I have a jimi hendrix wah, and it sounds really good. Ive tried it before and after my overdrive pedal, so if you use an od, put it b4 to sound warmer
the vox wah is probably your best bet.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
thanks everybody. i think i am going to get the vox. the RMCs sound great and would be awesome to have but they are out of my price range. thanks for you help everyone.
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
\m/=my live setup
The Vox (Can't remember exactly, the 857 or something?) is based off the old Vox wahs. They're good for classic rock as far as I know. Check the Ultimate Wah thread
Quote by mcrfobtai
The Vox (Can't remember exactly, the 857 or something?) is based off the old Vox wahs. They're good for classic rock as far as I know. Check the Ultimate Wah thread

Yeah, the 847.

I'd get a Vox, or save up more and get a Budda or a Fulltone or RMC.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by mcrfobtai
I like the new avatar. (Or have you had it and I didn't see?)
Fulltone's and RMC's are the shit. Priceier though.

Me? I've only had it a couple of weeks, and cheers.

Yeah, it would be good if the TS could save up for them. Then again, you can easily turn something like a Crybaby or a Vox into something much nicer by simply modding it, for much cheaper than a Fulltone or RMC.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by mcrfobtai
Yeah, my Original Crybaby sounds great now, just modded it up.

Yeah, I changed a few resistors and a capacitor, and it's much smoother, with more mids, a smoother transition, less treble and more bass response. I still need to get a Whipple or a Fasel and an output buffer for it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Yeah, I was considering a Fasel but I got soo much shit to deal with now. Now tht I found the bandmaster, I probably will have to spend oh, about $700.
yeah i had seen some mods for the vox where you can switch it to a true bypass. the only bad thing about that vox that ive heard is that it has alot of tone suck so maybe ill get it and give it the true bypass. any comments? other things that could suck the tone.
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
\m/=my live setup
If you're comfortable with a soldering then maybe the BYOC wah?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
whats the BYOC wah??
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/