Hey guys I'm starting to look for an am for my guitar...which is a fender squire so you know where I am coming from. I play mainly my acoustic which is a martin which I love dearly. I do not play that much guitar as of late, and even less electric. I just have a small 15w starter crate amp which sucks. Last time I was looking for an amp I was thinking about getting the fender frontman 65r 65w 1x12. I liked the sound and the price. I want to spend somewhere around $150-250. I do not want to spend $300 really as I am starting college and don't have much money to spend though I would like to start practicing electric a bit more.

I play primarily with either heavy distortion or really clean. I liked the fender because of its clean sound for the price, but the distortion was lacking a bit. I really don't have need for a bunch of effects, all I am looking for is a decent distortion and clean sound. The volume level doesn't really matter to me at this point as I will just be practicing at my duplex not wanting to have the cops called. Suggestions?
Try out a Roland Micro Cube,more than decent cleans and decent distortion.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Apperently thats called rape Who knew?
line 6 spider 3 was a good practice amps (most ppl say its to digital but i dont think so) and roland cubes have real good clean but for heavy distortion you would need a pedal
Quote by Guitarism12
roland cubes have real good clean but for heavy distortion you would need a pedal

i hope you weren't being serious about needing a pedal. the cube can get really heavy on its own and even if you wanted to you couldn't put a distortion pedal with it because you would just get a massive amount of buzz/hiss/fizz/static/etc.

cubes don't take kindly to pedals.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i hope you weren't being serious about needing a pedal. the cube can get really heavy on its own and even if you wanted to you couldn't put a distortion pedal with it because you would just get a massive amount of buzz/hiss/fizz/static/etc.

cubes don't take kindly to pedals.

the cube is a moddelling amp, correct? if so, then there's no chance in hell it will take a pedal.
Quote by Guitarism12
line 6 spider 3 was a good practice amps (most ppl say its to digital but i dont think so) and roland cubes have real good clean but for heavy distortion you would need a pedal

Ignoring what you said about Line6, the basic law of modellers like the Cube is that you don't use any kind of pedal with them because it'll sound like sh*t.

TS, have a look at a Roland Cube 30 or Vox Valvetronix. Maybe a used Flextone if you can stretch.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
the cube is a moddelling amp, correct? if so, then there's no chance in hell it will take a pedal.

i experimented and experienced that truth first hand

my ears were not pleased.
Quote by mikeyElite
i experimented and experienced that truth first hand

my ears were not pleased.

aha, i didn't do it with a modeller, more along the lines of a digitech death metal pedal and a marshall mg 10

Quote by PollyWntsCrack
aha, i didn't do it with a modeller, more along the lines of a digitech death metal pedal and a marshall mg 10

Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Check out the Peavey Vypyrs, Roland Cubes and Vox Valvetronix. All of those are pretty good amps. Try them all and see which one you like best.

This.

/thread
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by PollyWntsCrack

When you did that, God killed a kitty.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales