So my girlfriend has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. And i know the rules of the internet, but seeing as this is a site for guitar players and some of you have probably had this, are there any exercises that will lessen her pain? She plays piano and i wanted to help her some. I sent her some links of exercises, but i wanted tried and tested stuff from people who have had it and the things that helped them.

And also.... does it ever go away, or is it a life-long thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by her and I.

Thanks.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?

For Serious!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
They also have this putty that you can mold around... they give it to people after hand surgery.
carpel tunnel-----

well the only thing i can see helping is stretching it several times a day. and seeing as the carpals are in the middle of the hand(palm area) its hard to stretch that out. maybe start taking an advil or somethin of that nature in the morning. im pretty sure it'll be there for the rest of her life, it may decline as she gets older, but it will get worse when she gets really old.
Does no one use Google?

It would be like a 2 second search...just type in carpal tunnel
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
so if carpal tunnel is in your Palm

why does MY WRIST
hurt so bad when i play guitar??

i hold my guitar correctly
im no Nub
but it pops alot and is very painful and ive never broken/sprained it
Quote by hightension01

why does MY WRIST

im no Nub

you could be pressing on the strings a lot harder than you need to.
Quote by hightension01

why does MY WRIST

im no Nub

That could be a sign of arthritis. If it's in the wrist area I would definatley say this. Remember, you don't have to be old to have arthritis.

Carpal Tunnel and piano playing do not mix well. Piano playing could have also caused it. Alot of people get CT from excessive typing and CT is a form of RSI (repetitive strain injury). Best thing is to see a doctor and get diagnosed. Then, they can recommend a preventative measure to get good again

Wrist braces made for this helps too but see a doctor first.
Last edited by bfloyd6969 at Nov 13, 2008,
My mum got surgery on it and now its fine
but without surgery itll just get worse and worse
so I'd consider surgery
Quote by Zombee
They also have this putty that you can mold around... they give it to people after hand surgery.

I got some of this when I went to the doctor for my hand. It works wonders when squeezed and kneaded for 10-20 minutes at a time. Here's one piece of advice about this putty: DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT fall asleep while holding it. I'm going to take a guess and say sticky neon green putty is about 30,000 times harder to get out of sheets than semen. Luckily, my sheets survived the putty incident, but your friend might not be as lucky.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
t/s i had it for 10 years. tell your girlfriend to use keyboards for a while see if she sees a difference. i tried everything nothing worked but lower action instruments.
Quote by hightension01

why does MY WRIST

im no Nub

Too much Fapping?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.