Ok well I really want to get a nice strat, but unfortunately $1000 is not in my budget to get an American Standard so I have decided to cut my losses and go for something a little cheaper.

My budget is about $700 dollars but I would like to have a little left over to invest in some locking tuners. so $600-$650 MAX

These are the two I'm looking at:
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
What I like: Its got a really nice sound via the texas specials and alder body
What I dont like: The bridge has crap sustain and is very uncomfortable, the neck is ok

and

Fender Light Ash Strat
What I like: American 2-point bridge (keeps tune better and is much more comfortable) The pickups, while not as good as the texas specials arnt that bad. I also live the V shaped neck
What I dont like: I find it hard to get a nice warm, round, tone out of the ash body, any suggetstions on this?

I really cannot choose between the two. The first is a mexican deluxe and the second is korean made but both seemed to be built rather well when I played them

Is there anything else someone would like to add to help me out? I really cannot decide at all.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
The Deluxe Player Strat gets my vote just because it looks so good.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
why not just wait a little while longer and save up an extra 3-400 dollers for an american
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
The way I see it is, you can always throw some money into mods such as locking tuners, but you only buy the guitar once. Might as well get the best one you can to build from.
I've already looked into the deluxe players strat. My only problem is that it had pretty crap pickups compared to the two i listed and its got an ash body which im not very fond of.

But I do gotta agree with Kartman.... Its damn sexy
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Highway One HSS Strat
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Highway One HSS Strat

My only beef with the highway one is that while its american, I would have to replace the pickups and and bridge block ( its zinc, i really dont like it ) and by then ive spent 900 some odd dollars.
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
sorry to double post but i think you guys are missing my point

will thats mostly my fault because rereading what i wrote sucks.

Im asking if i should get the Light Ash and upgrade the pickups or get the mexican and upgrade the bridge to a steel sustain block.

Which do you think would have the best overall sound?

Also I'm gonna be adding locking tuners and a new nut as time goes on so thats not an issue
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Last edited by Ninja Penguin77 at Nov 13, 2008,
Personally, given the same choices, I would go with the Roadhouse with the Texas Special PUs and then replace the bridge with a drop-in Wilkinson V100. You might also want to replace the nut with a graphite or slip-stone nut.
Why don't you just get a used American Standard? You shouldn't have much trouble finding one in the $600s.