yup. good deal. they usually go for about 650 - 800 used.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
$500 is usually what I expect them to be.

Are you set on the standard size? Unless I'm wrong, that's the bigger cab with a lot of low end what probably won't be good if you want tight playing.
really? i always thought the straight cabs went for around $500-600 but the slant cabs were more. that's what i've always seen around here at least.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sorry... but everyone saying that boogie cabs are not tight is horribly wrong. The amps are not really that tight in the bottom end, but the cabs DEFINITELY are. Listen to August Burns Red and tell me that those cabs arent tight in the bottom end.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Good price for a great cab. Snag it !!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Not a bad deal, they usually go for ~$450 - 550 around here.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Sorry... but everyone saying that boogie cabs are not tight is horribly wrong. The amps are not really that tight in the bottom end, but the cabs DEFINITELY are. Listen to August Burns Red and tell me that those cabs arent tight in the bottom end.

Just because they sound tight on a recording doesn't mean they are.

The oversized cabs are noticeably "looser" but still not loose enough to make a tight amp sound really loose.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
they are tight in the lower mid but pretty loose in the bass response. i think they sound a bit thuddy in the low end.

all this talk about "tight low end" is reminding me of jennifer lopez and her tight low end.
they go between 5 - 8 depending on the condition. Ive seen em on Craigslist out here for around 600 or 650 normally in good condition.
mesa'a are a waste of time and money, it's just a name your paying for. people get these cabs because they say mesa boogie on them but just because it says mesa dont mean it will sound good. id rather get a marshall 1960A 4x12 because marshall has been making 4x12 cabs before mesa even made a 1x12 combo amp plus marshalls are tighter all around and sound better to me in the low end.
Quote by voxAC30TBguy
mesa'a are a waste of time and money, it's just a name your paying for. people get these cabs because they say mesa boogie on them but just because it says mesa dont mean it will sound good. id rather get a marshall 1960A 4x12 because marshall has been making 4x12 cabs before mesa even made a 1x12 combo amp plus marshalls are tighter all around and sound better to me in the low end.

it depends on what his amp is....

funny thing is i had both of the cabs u bring up...the marshall 1960a...and a mesa recto,....with the jcm 800 i had at the time...the 1960 cabs were awesome...when i sold the jcm800...and got the xxx...the marshall 1960a & b cabs with the g-75's couldnt sound any worse...but the xxx with the mesa recto cab was "the-sound" i was looking for...
Quote by voxAC30TBguy

I own a Marshall 1960 and would take a Mesa 4x12 over it any day. Better quality and better sounding imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by voxAC30TBguy
mesa'a are a waste of time and money, it's just a name your paying for. people get these cabs because they say mesa boogie on them but just because it says mesa dont mean it will sound good.

Cause we all know the MG, Mode Four, Vintage Modern, and bass amps from Marshall are GODLY....
If you look on both mesa's and Marshall's sites the standard recto cab and the 1960a cabs are the same size. I think it really comes down to build quality and the speakers, V30's or gt12-75's. I personally like my Marshall cab because the speakers have a little more headroom, but if i could i'd get a Mesa cab to have the best of both worlds
Quote by voxAC30TBguy

Same goes for Marshall. More guys buy into the Marshall name than anything else. And Marshalls may be tighter in the low end, but that's because they don't have a ton of it like Mesas do.
Okay, I'm new to playing guitar basically so all this tight and low end stuff is just going over my head lol.. I play a lot of hardcore/metal music and I have a B-52 AT-100 Triple Rectifier Head.

Will this cab sound good?
This cab will sound amazing.

/thread
put an Orange 412 against the Mesa 412's - then youll see how that bass starts farting all over the place in the Mesa.

Thats why i got my THD - the bass always stays tight - why the hell do i want fat bass - thats the bassists job!!!! You are clashing frequencies - this makes for a poor band! work it out!
Quote by MatrixClaw

I own a Marshall 1960 and would take a Mesa 4x12 over it any day. Better quality and better sounding imo.

+1

I'm thinking about finally getting rid of mine because im tired of dealing with it......
you want low end?

Ampeg V4 4x12 - vented back. ridiculous.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by davedoom
put an Orange 412 against the Mesa 412's - then youll see how that bass starts farting all over the place in the Mesa.

Thats why i got my THD - the bass always stays tight - why the hell do i want fat bass - thats the bassists job!!!! You are clashing frequencies - this makes for a poor band! work it out!

That's what I've heard about Orange Cabs; they put Mesa's to shame. Not sure on THD cabs; how are they?

And since someone mentioned Marshalls, I've mainly been a fan of Mesa cabs since most of my favorite recorded/live tones are done with Mesa cabs. I do like Orange's sound quite a lot, and have been curious about their cabs. HOWEVER, when I was picking out my current (second) amp, I played a DC-3 through a Marshall 1960B that was one of the ones i'm assuming released with the JCM800 series (since it said JCM800 on it and was beat to hell). I was able to put the amp on 10 and push the speakers hard, and I gotta tell you, the insane amount of organic crunch (I had the gain at like 4 or 5, so it was mainly pure power amp distortion) combined with the low end the cab put out made me nearly cream. I was in a stool like 5 - 6 feet away, and my pants were flapping like mad from the sound. My nuts actually felt odd after words, like they had been pummeled.

However, I've been after that sound now for awhile. I like my Recto 2x12, but since the JCM800 1960 cabs go for like 300 - 400 used, I'm thinking of getting the 1960 cab since I really liked that sound. I'm mad that the original cab I played got sold! Not mad about the head, since the DC-5 makes the DC-3 look wussy in comparison.
Quote by voxAC30TBguy
the mg's are pretty good to. they have a nice bass response for the broootalz.

d00d you're cool.

definitely take up that offer. if it's too big/not what you're looking for, you could probably flip it and make $50-$100.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008