I'm looking into schools for next fall. I'm a senior in high school, decent grades, etc. I was thinking about going into electrical engineering and the like, but now I'm having doubts.
I really like music, and though I'm not the best guitarist out there, I'm decent... and would like to study guitar.
How do I pursue this goal? I was looking into the Musicians Institute of Technology, and thought it sounded good, but I read some threads that were putting it down.
What schools can I apply to here in California? And how good do you have to be to get in?
=/
if you're into cars and stuff, i don't know you so i don't know, but don't go to universal technical institute. i've been there a month and am already planning on getting the hell outta there. i'm going back home to study music theory at the city college.
i suggest going to a normal 4 year school and just minoring in music or something.
I concur with al11. I would go to a normal university and find out what you're really passionate about, and minor in music. I personally think that EE will be more professionally sound, but to each his own.
I'm a freshmen at the University of Notre Dame studying engineering...........lets just say its HARD and leave it at that
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
I think I heard somewhere (but don't hold me on this) that UC San Marcos has a good music program and it's not that hard to get into.

Quote by burndttoast
I would go to a normal university and find out what you're really passionate about, and minor in music. I personally think that EE will be more professionally sound, but to each his own.

I agree with this though. ^^
Last edited by MetropolisPt3 at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by SomethingWild
I'm a freshmen at the University of Notre Dame studying engineering...........lets just say its HARD and leave it at that

well, its engineering but its worth it for a steady job that makes ok money without having to go to grad school.

that being said, its your first semester, are you even taking any real engineering classes? everyone I know who is in an engineering major at my school (unc, engineering here is a joke though) or neighboring schools (duke, nc state) just took kind of general math and physics for their first year and maybe a survey course is engineering or something, but nothing particularly intensive.
Last edited by al112987 at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by al112987
well, its engineering but its worth it for a steady job that makes ok money without having to go to grad school.

that being said, its your first semester, are you even taking any real engineering classes? everyone I know who is in an engineering major at my school (unc, engineering here is a joke though) or neighboring schools (duke, nc state) just took kind of general math and physics for their first year and maybe a survey course is engineering or something, but nothing particularly intensive.

I did well in high school and placed out of a lot of stuff. I'm in the multivariable calculus and higher physics courses that only engineering/physics/mathematics majors have to take. So yeah its pretty tough. Not to dissuade you from considering it TS, its not necessarily extremely difficult stuff, its just a fair amount of work. It'll be worth it though
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
Quote by IzRG350
Go to USC or something.

I doubt "decent grades" would get him into USC but there are plenty of UC or CSU schools that are good.