A method of producing synthetic diamonds using tequila - Mexico's favourite alcoholic drink - has been discovered, scientists there say.

The amazing discovery was made by physicists from the National Autonomous University of Mexico, and could have many industrial uses.

There is one catch however. The synthetic diamond crystals are too small to be turned into jewellery.

Mexico produces hundreds of millions of litres of tequila every year.

Full article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7725815.stm

What do you think? I'm going to go get a couple bottle right now lol.

I'll bet they find a way to make bigger ones later on.

Oh Mexican scientists and their Tequila....
ಥ_ಥ
Last edited by arsonite at Nov 13, 2008,
ur full of BS
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Well think about it, when asking a girl to marry you, tequila could in a sense make up for not having a diamond. Get her drunk enough, and off to get eloped we go!
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by arsonite

I'll bet they find a way to make bigger ones later on.

nah they wont, theres no way to get really hot vapor to come together in a single diamond.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Well think about it, when asking a girl to marry you, tequila could in a sense make up for not having a diamond. Get her drunk enough, and off to get eloped we go!

"Wow is that a People's Diamond???"

"No... Jose Cuervo"
ಥ_ಥ
Obviously they got so drunk on tequila they thought they had made diamonds when in fact they had just broken a bottle of Jose Cuervo over a colleagues head due to a confusion in terminology between "Que paso vato?! No te hagas el hue pendejo!" And "Look at the hue of this diamond."

Then they all took a nap and the whole diamond proces never even occurred.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
dont need to, i shit them outta my ass.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by Seryaph
Obviously they got so drunk on tequila they thought they had made diamonds when in fact they had just broken a bottle of Jose Cuervo over a colleagues head due to a confusion in terminology between "Que paso vato?! No te hagas el hue pendejo!" And "Look at the hue of this diamond."

Then they all took a nap and the whole diamond proces never even occurred.

There's already ways to make diamonds at home(and most other precise stones as well for that matter) that can be up to like 4ctw and bigger. This is crap and so are synthetics.
If anyone is planning on selling these, they're going to get about enough for some piss in a tequila bottle, the clarity on them is poor, they can't even be cut, not even industrial grade diamonds, ****ing crap.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
There's already ways to make diamonds at home(and most other precise stones as well for that matter) that can be up to like 4ctw and bigger. This is crap and so are synthetics.
If anyone is planning on selling these, they're going to get about enough for some piss in a tequila bottle, the clarity on them is poor, they can't even be cut, not even industrial grade diamonds, ****ing crap.

Lol I'm not sure how many people will be rushing to do this.......

But really...diamonds from Tequila. At least it does something else for you besides make you forget 4 hours of your life and lose your clothes.
ಥ_ಥ