Page 1 of 4
if i see that damn pop up saying the program isn't responding one more time i'll punch a mexican baby in the face.
Why would you punch someone else? (Let alone a baby).

You should be punching yourself for keeping something you don't like.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
Why a mexican baby you ****ing racist?
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
i dont know what you guys are talkin about, ive never had trouble with both computers i have vista on. maybe im just lucky
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by St.Loony
Stop. Your gonna make me go into a laughing fit

I could do this allllll day.

ಥ_ಥ
Last edited by arsonite at Nov 13, 2008,
Vista is the best operating system right now. And no, XP is inferior.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite

2 can play that game:

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Finally someone who has seen the light.
Quote by arsonite

lol, the "Ok" did it for me. :|

I hate Vista. The Host Process always stops working and makes everything look retarded. I don't even know wtf it IS.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by Jackintehbox
Finally someone who has seen the light.

Uh...I saw the light before anyone else.

I should be saying that to YOU.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
2 can play that game:

Lolol

But the same can be said about anything Apple as well.

If I hated Vista so horribly much with my life...I wouldn't be using it right now. It's just mind-numbingly annoying with all the Program Permissions things but the largest amount of funny error message seems to be of the Vista variety...thus I post them.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
Lolol

Yeah. When OSX encounters an error, you might as well just kill yourself. I'm on it right now, btw. Best laptop in existence, though.

It's just mind-numbingly annoying with all the Program Permissions things

www.tweakuac.com

Your life just got a whole lot easier.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by arsonite
Lolol

If I hated Vista so horribly much with my life...I wouldn't be using it right now. It's just mind-numbingly annoying with all the Program Permissions things but the largest amount of funny error message seems to be of the Vista variety...thus I post them.

Yup, it knows i'm the admin, I WANT to install the program, that's why I executed it....stupid thing.
What really annoys me is Vista seems to forget it's internet settings and DNS for lots of people, including me. When I get a job I will probably buy a router and NIC that some geeks can recommend me that are fully compatible so then nothing can go wrong.
Quote by skaterskagg1
if i see that damn pop up saying the program isn't responding one more time i'll punch a mexican baby in the face.

Windows Vista probably isn't the cause of programs freezing up...
I have been running vista since May of 2007 and love it, no problems at all in the past 7 months.

Quote by maggot9779
Vista DOESN'T suck!

Seriously, try it before you go flaming it.

Correction

Try it for more than a few days being saying it sux...

I run a ton of audio and video programs on my desktop...everything from Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer to Adobe Premiere Pro CS3...
The computer isnt even that good, something like 2.20GHz processor (Single core), 2GB cheap RAM, and a $100 cheap video card...

I push the system hard every day running these programs and as I said, I have hardly had any problems at all.
Sure you do get that frozen program one or two times every now and then but that's usually due to you trying to do way too many things at once or a hardware glitch. I really don't think it is due to Vista. I got those on XP as well...
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 13, 2008,
Is there any way to stop it from trying to force me to update? I get the important ones, but even then, it still tries to make me get the optional ones. Is there no Cancel button?
XIAOXI
After childishly claiming that their OS isn't a rotting pile of rat shit, M$ is finally making a replacement. Yes, I hate vista.
I love Vista. If you're running 20 different programs, it very easily could crash. If you know how to use it properly, it's great.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I hate Windows Vista!

I'm staying with XP for as long as possible.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by Instant Mash
I hate Windows Vista!

I'm staying with XP for as long as possible.

This.
i run adobe premiere cs3 and all those other adobe programs, sony vegas, a whole bunch of games like crysis, fallout3, and tons more that vista can handle pretty well
im running all this on a laptop
to be fair though
for alot it does depend when you got your computer and whats inside
for vista i recommend something with a pci-e graphics card
atleast 2gbs of ram but 4 and youll be set
and godforbid you run it on a computer with a single core processor
buying a cheap computer today with vista preinstalled it will run goldenly
like this one over here
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-a6620f-Desktop-a6620f/sem/rpsm/oid/222764/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Dick+strings= owww
People who say Vista sucks don't know how to use it properly. That being said, I'm still running XP on this old thing...
Quote by TooFast
I love Vista. If you're running 20 different programs, it very easily could crash. If you know how to use it properly, it's great.

"Use it properly" What does that mean? Not at all. Because vista ****s up almost everything you try to do. Those who actually think vista works great are those who don't use their computer for what it's meant to do, run programs (and I don't mean those programs from Adobe or Microsoft) and customizing the computer settings.
Quote by kaihansen
"Use it properly" What does that mean? Not at all. Because vista ****s up almost everything you try to do. Those who actually think vista works great are those who don't use their computer for what it's meant to do, run programs (and I don't mean those programs from Adobe or Microsoft) and customizing the computer settings.

It's called preference setting and modding. All the annoying bullshit people constantly cry about can be modified or turned off.
^actually I'm talking about getting as much out of your computer as its built to do. Which you can't do on any Windows system since 50% of the code is shit that doesn't do anything at all. Just code that is left from the DOS era.
Quote by Avedas
It's called preference setting and modding. All the annoying bullshit people constantly cry about can be modified or turned off.

This is true, but Vista can react badly to setting changes. Also, some of the compatibility issues you get on programs (especially older ones) are random and annoying. No one will use Vista in the way XP is still being used in.. what, 4 to 6 years time? Apart from people who got it with new computers and don't care that is.
Not me, its done me nothing but good so far comnpared to XP which has 3 times nearly ruined my life (and education)
Quote by Jackolas
This is true, but Vista can react badly to setting changes. Also, some of the compatibility issues you get on programs (especially older ones) are random and annoying. No one will use Vista in the way XP is still being used in.. what, 4 to 6 years time? Apart from people who got it with new computers and don't care that is.

Hmm... I'll probably notice it when I finally switch over.

And to the morons saying get the Windows 7 Pre-Beta... that's just stupid. It's not even a fully operable OS yet, and definitely not intended to be used in an everyday, casual basis at the moment.

Looks like fun though: http://www.dailytech.com/Report+Benchmarks+Show+Windows+7+PreBeta+to+be+Bloated+With+Compatibility+Issues/article13405.htm
^it's all normal.

The NHS are only just getting toward the end of their XP migration.

XP has only recently knocked '98 of the most widely used OS perch.

Hardware is getting faster and smaller - Vista will come into it's own around about the time the next one comes out and as it's becoming standard.

To this day, I still have to rollout XP images that use the windows classic interface because people arent used to XP.

Vista is okay, it's resource hungry and half finished but it looks pretty and makes me money cos everyone wants the latest thing but won't take the time to read what's on the screen and google it.

The worst one was windows ME - truly shambolic. It was almost as if they had sat down to write XP , got halfway through and said "sod this for a lark, I cant be arsed with it anymore"
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Page 1 of 4