This is undoubtedly the most anticipated blockbuster of the year (certainly in Australia).

Anyway:

"Australia" - classic or box office flop? (predictions)
Baz Luhrmann - artistic or pretentious?

..........well???
It seems to have gotten too much hype. I probably wont watch it anyway.
Quote by zapatista89
you know the music from zelda that plays when you open a chest? that played in my head reading that headline.
I want it flop because I hate Nicole Kidman and I'm sick of the praise and coverage its getting all over the Australian media and most of them havent even seen it yet!
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
It's supposed to be 3 hours long. I think it will be pretty boring, as that time period wasn't very interesting in Australia. At least with long movies like LOTR you can admire the scenery when you're bored. This looks like 3 hours of dead grass.

It'll be boring.
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
At least with long movies like LOTR you can admire the scenery when you're bored. This looks like 3 hours of dead grass.

It'll be boring.

haha
Yeah and whats with them trying to bring the war into it I mean not much of the war was fought on Australian soil, looks like they're trying to combine cold mountain and pearl harbour not a good idea
I wont watch it in the cinemas anyway.
The only interesting thing about this is Luhrmann shot i think either 4 or 6 different endings to the film. imo

He has only made 3 other films, which have all been pretty successful in his defense of a flop film.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
$10 says it is going to build on our stereotype lol.

I don't mind our stereotype anyway, at least we are portrayed as friendly bogans.

American's are portrayed as greedy assholes.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
Yeah and whats with them trying to bring the war into it I mean not much of the war was fought on Australian soil, looks like they're trying to combine cold mountain and pearl harbour not a good idea

Umm the story takes place during the bombing of Darwin.
More bombers were dropped on Darwin then Pearl Harbour.
Quote by stl-dizy
Umm the story takes place during the bombing of Darwin.
More bombers were dropped on Darwin then Pearl Harbour.

Oh my mistake then
Quote by DayVBayB
He has only made 3 other films, which have all been pretty successful in his defense of a flop film.

Yeah, I personally thought Strictly Ballroom was hilarious.

Quote by zacharydak
$10 says it is going to build on our stereotype lol.

I don't mind our stereotype anyway, at least we are portrayed as friendly bogans.

American's are portrayed as greedy assholes.

Very true haha.
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
Oh my mistake then

You are forgiven.

PS. I live in Darwin seeing the wrecked Japanese Zeros at the aviaton museum is amazing. Yeah take that you Jap's!
Last edited by stl-dizy at Nov 13, 2008,
It can go one of two ways. Epic or epic failures. There's been so much hype, if it fails, it fails hard.
Sigs are overrated.
I think that it's losing credibility because they are creating their own hype. Advertising it during the rugby league world cup was ridiculous.
The trailer didnt do much for me before I saw Burn After Reading
i hope it doesnt get more credit than it deserves unless its actualy good
He was still working on the editing and mixing the day BEFORE the movie was supposed to primiere.

Talk about ****ing procrastination. He has been working on this movie for years. Something tells me that the mixing and editing is going to be terrible.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
1. Why would I want to see a film about Australia? I already live there.
2. I hope it flops. It reeks of pretentiousness.
3. The movies titled Australia? Gee, I wonder how long it took Baz come up with that. Why not call it New Holland?
i'm keen to see it but i can't really make much comment on it until then other than to hope it's good. am getting a little bit sick of hearing about it every time i fly on qantas though.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
i'm keen to see it but i can't really make much comment on it until then other than to hope it's good. am getting a little bit sick of hearing about it every time i fly on qantas though.

Just how often do you fly?
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
Just how often do you fly?

every month or two, to sydney and back.
from daylight...
...into darkness
From what I've heard it's not particularly accurate as it's somewhat Americanised; it's become a sort of cowboy/western movie. I'll probably watch it anyway.
It'll be shit. It's 'epic' because it's taken about 8 years and is over 2 hours long, the story will be exactly what everyone expects...it won't be anything special
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub