THANK YOU FENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That bloody "Made In Mexico" made the guitar just look so cheap, TBH it's the only thing kinda keeping me away from a Standard MIM Stratocaster (I know that some people will think that's stupid, but I just think it's really tacky. The headstock should only have the brand and the model name.)
BTW, when do guitars with this new logo start shipping? Probably doesn't matter as I'm not gonna be in the market for a new guitar until about Q2 next year.
Quote by kenan6346

That bloody "Made In Mexico" made the guitar just look so cheap, TBH it's the only thing kinda keeping me away from a Standard MIM Stratocaster (I know that some people will think that's stupid, but I just think it's really tacky. The headstock should only have the brand and the model name.)

I completely understand you. I just bought a Squier CV Tele over a MIM because I knew it would be better quality and I hated the MIM Logo. I also got a Deluxe P Bass over MIM because of the logo lol. Sounds dumb, but when I'm spending over $200 on things I want to like everything about them.

Quote by kenan6346
BTW, when do guitars with this new logo start shipping? Probably doesn't matter as I'm not gonna be in the market for a new guitar until about Q2 next year.

No idea, probably this coming spring. The Standard MIM basses are also going to have this logo.
Quote by Miss G
I completely understand you. I just bought a Squier CV Tele over a MIM because I knew it would be better quality and I hated the MIM Logo. I also got a Deluxe P Bass over MIM because of the logo lol. Sounds dumb, but when I'm spending over $200 on things I want to like everything about them.

No idea, probably this coming spring. The Standard MIM basses are also going to have this logo.

Is a Squire CV Tele really better quality than a Fender MIM Tele? Jeez, I didn't know they were that bad...
Eeek I'm not sure about it on the strat, bit 70's-ish for my liking

Quote by kenan6346
Is a Squire CV Tele really better quality than a Fender MIM Tele? Jeez, I didn't know they were that bad...

What do you mean "I didn't know they were that bad"..
I've heard nothing but good things about the CV teles, they ain't your usual bullet strat or whatever
HI
Last edited by StratPat at Nov 13, 2008,
aw damn, that looks great. Now I really want that standard tele more.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by kenan6346

Not all Mexicans had the "made in mexico" at the front. Take a look at the signature series for example.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
Quote by GuitarGuy X
Not all Mexicans had the "made in mexico" at the front. Take a look at the signature series for example.

yeah, i'ts on the back of MIM P-bass deluxe.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
my new delux strat has the mim on the back
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
that MIM telecaster is the exact guitar i want either that colour, or midnight wine...dunno which probs whichever the shop has.

is that the white the new ones are going to be, because i just want straight white and i think arctic white is more cream? im ns
Can someone do a before/after for me?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Here's the neck on my parts caster. I bought a MIM neck because it was the cheaper option. (sorry for blurry pic, but it says Made In Mexico under Stratocaster, and has the serial number on the front)

And here's the new:

The new headstock looks more like an American Strat, with the Made In Mexico and serial number now on the back.
I see the difference now.

The new one looks better.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Yes, much nicer. I'm planning on getting a MIM Strat come x-mas, this makes it all that much better.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Does anybody know if these new Standard models will be out by christmas? or maybe january?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk