I have the Startup disk and It boots from it fine but as soon as I am at the main splash screen and press enter on "Install Ubuntu". It just freezes, nothing happens at all. Anyone have this trouble before?

I will tell you about my system.

Make: Gateway - Some sort of laptop
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 @ 2.0 Ghz
Ram: 4 gig
And its running 64 bit window home ultimate.

Anyone have a similar set up and sucess with installing ubuntu or any help to offer please respond.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
There could be a myriad of reasons why Ubuntu isn't communicating with your computer's hardware. First, I'd make sure that it's actually a real freeze and not just taking a long time to load, which happens in Linux sometimes.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I am sure it is a real freeze because the disk doesn't even spin. Then if you wait like 10 minutes and try to hit escape or something you get a motherboard beep
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

Just wait. Same thing happened to me.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by thrashfan
Just wait. Same thing happened to me.

how long did you wait
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
puter fred.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB