Page 1 of 2
Ehh. Not my cup of tea. Too... aggressive for my tastes.

Bring on the Chuck!
Not a big fan but it's quite funny at times. Not exactly award-winning material despite what's been going on, but then again we are talking about New Zealand television, which is about as entertaining as dog shit is nutritious.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Not a big fan but it's quite funny at times. Not exactly award-winning material despite what's been going on, but then again we are talking about New Zealand television, which is about as entertaining as dog shit is nutritious.

i love it myself but fair call
do you remember that music school show that replaced shortland st for its break? id rather watch hour of power than hat shite
Quote by sounforgiven
i like it... vans my hero

me and me best mate went as the tool guys for halloween
Quote by Artema

me and me best mate went as the tool guys for halloween

What A Gnarly dude.. did u go as munta or van?
RAWWBERRY! MADE WITH LIGHTNING...REAL LIGHTNING
Quote by Artema
i love it myself but fair call
do you remember that music school show that replaced shortland st for its break? id rather watch hour of power than hat shite

Yea, I think I vaguely remember it now you mention it. Can't remember whether I did or didn't enjoy it though. Shortland Street, there's another crap tv show, and, coincidentally enough, another one that's won several awards.
ya my whole family watches shorty.. i hate it TBH...
so is everyone in here from nz??
I really like it, second series is the best, first one is a bit too..... NZ like. Not enough production behind it. Wow... So many NZers on here.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
just an hour of swearing!
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by megadeth rule
just an hour of swearing!

And Clothed sex. i mean honestly not everyone sexes it up wearing clothes
It's alright, can't say i watch it regularly though. And Shortland St is complete shit lol.
Who even watches Shorty?!? It's just one shit fest after another :S
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Yea, I think I vaguely remember it now you mention it. Can't remember whether I did or didn't enjoy it though. Shortland Street, there's another crap tv show, and, coincidentally enough, another one that's won several awards.

i would put $100 bucks on that you didnt enjoy it
absolutly, but what else does nz have to offer in the way of tv? (other than outragous fortune) if they decided to make another primetime soap it would be the end of the world

yeah im suprised at the amount of kiwis here
Damn good show. shits all over shortland street!

honestly though. pulp sport would surely take the cake as far as NZ telly goes?
Quote by sounforgiven
ya my whole family watches shorty.. i hate it TBH...
so is everyone in here from nz??

Actually no, I live in Alaska, but I order the episodes specially by making personal requests to the director to put them on DVDs and mail them up here at my expense because I am a die-hard fan and find it to be quality, entertaining material.

Not.
Yes, pulp sport, anyone seen the latest ad? It's funny as! GO RODNEY!!!!!!!!!

Wow all the NZers are coming out tonight
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
i bet ya the next new show on tv will be a cheap rip of of some american show.. something like ummmm. survivor the hoods of auckland
Quote by nonstopdisco89
Damn good show. shits all over shortland street!

honestly though. pulp sport would surely take the cake as far as NZ telly goes?

bill and ben make me angry
i wish back of the y was on just so they could kick bill and bens ass
Quote by sounforgiven
i bet ya the next new show on tv will be a cheap rip of of some american show.. something like ummmm. survivor the hoods of auckland

He...

He....

Survivor OTARA!!!!!!, or Glen Innes.... That place creeps me when I'm riding my nice new bike through there.... Felt safer when I entered sonsk8
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by Artema
i would put $100 bucks on that you didnt enjoy it
absolutly, but what else does nz have to offer in the way of tv? (other than outragous fortune) if they decided to make another primetime soap it would be the end of the world

yeah im suprised at the amount of kiwis here

They have a bunch of other NZ shit on tv, reality tv included, but other stuff as well. And 90% of it isn't very good, and the remaining 10% is ok but nothing to write home about. That's why they have a lot of stuff from overseas on the free channels; because otherwise there wouldn't be anything ever worth watching. And of course then there's Sky, which is a godsend really.

Quote by tomypg
Who even watches Shorty?!? It's just one shit fest after another :S

I actually know a few people that watch it regularly, and I hear quite a few people talking about recent episodes they've seen, so from what I gather it is very popular. It's also very shit, but whatever.

EDIT: Yea, Pulp Sport and Lion Red/Hyundai Sports Cafe are the only NZ shows I can think of off the top of my head that I really like, but they are fu*kin hilarious. Matt and Mark's Rocky Road to [insert city name] was funny too while it was on.
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by tomypg
He...

He....

Survivor OTARA!!!!!!, or Glen Innes.... That place creeps me when I'm riding my nice new bike through there.... Felt safer when I entered sonsk8

haha lolz i live in new plymouth apparently the best place to live in the world... personally i think its crap
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
They have a bunch of other NZ shit on tv, reality tv included, but other stuff as well. And 90% of it isn't very good, and the remaining 10% is ok but nothing to write home about. That's why they have a lot of stuff from overseas on the free channels; because otherwise there wouldn't be anything ever worth watching. And of course then there's Sky, which is a godsend really.

I actually know a few people that watch it regularly, and I hear quite a few people talking about recent episodes they've seen, so from what I gather it is very popular. It's also very shit, but whatever.

SKY!?!?!?!? Rich as man!!! Whatta lucky guy...I sit on my computer all day Spend the SKY money on new bikes or more, faster, crappier, less cap internet plans.
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
QUOTE]

i dont know why we bother with some of the shit on our tv coz of the reason that we get other overseas shows.
skys a pain in my arse and i dont know why i have it sometimes
ya'll hear iron maiden coming to nz.. im so going what about you guys.. that kills everything on tv atm.. n e one go to gtaranaki?
Quote by sounforgiven
ya'll hear iron maiden coming to nz.. im so going what about you guys.. that kills everything on tv atm.. n e one go to gtaranaki?

i might go just to say ive seen them
nah i diddnt, i couldnt be bothered goin to taranaki...and im not hardcore enough
The Millen Baird show and A Thousand Apologies was good.

I missed hte first season of OF so haven't bothered watching.
-J
HeardOpeth might be coming back Anyone go to MESHUGGAH?!?!?
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by Artema
i dont know why we bother with some of the shit on our tv coz of the reason that we get other overseas shows.
skys a pain in my arse and i dont know why i have it sometimes

Yea, I wish all the stuff on free tv was just stuff from overseas, and then have all the good shows we have and put them on one channel and just have "NZ Channel" then like 3-4 international channels. Though I guess in that case there would need to be lots of infomercials on the NZ Channel....

I like Sky, I like having the movie channels and the science/animal ones, it's good shit though obviously there isn't that much of it so there isn't always something on, but it beats the shit out of national tv.

Quote by tomypg
SKY!?!?!?!? Rich as man!!! Whatta lucky guy...I sit on my computer all day Spend the SKY money on new bikes or more, faster, crappier, less cap internet plans.

Yea, well, I do have woosh so an internet upgrade would be cool, but mum pays for Sky so it doesn't really concern me.
Quote by Artema
i might go just to say ive seen them
nah i diddnt, i couldnt be bothered goin to taranaki...and im not hardcore enough

ya taranaki's harcore as... not
im not rascist but the amount of gangsta maoris moving in has just killed the place..

ya im just goin to maiden to add another concert to my ever growing list
Last edited by sounforgiven at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Yea, well, I do have woosh so an internet upgrade would be cool, but mum pays for Sky so it doesn't really concern me.

My parents put money towards my mountain bikes They like it better than SKY Cause it gets me outdoors and active... (I'm not FAT!!)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by Artema
when are opeth supposed to be comming back???????

Dunno!!! Just HEARD.... Hope they do...
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by tomypg
HeardOpeth might be coming back Anyone go to MESHUGGAH?!?!?

What, spend $120 to go see 2-3 bands and rush to buy the tickets before they sell out in 20 minutes? No thanks.

Quote by tomypg
My parents put money towards my mountain bikes They like it better than SKY Cause it gets me outdoors and active... (I'm not FAT!!)

Neither am I, I just like decent tv.
stay on topic guys, or the thread gets closed.

outrageous fortune is ok. not good enough for me to choose to watch it over other shows though.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by sounforgiven
ya taranaki's harcore as... not
im not rascist but the amount of gangsta maoris moving in has just killed the place..

ya im just goin to maiden to add another concert to my ver growing list

why dont they move to america and learn from the best then hopefully they will be shamed and give up and become normal human beings

what is with that taranaki hardcore shite anyway?

thats what rock to wellington was mostly for me, a score on my concert belt
Page 1 of 2