I am trying to get into death metal, but am not sure what to start of with.,
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
The REC THREAD got me into death metal.

(Not really, but it's what'll get YOU into death metal...)

*reported*

*edit: If you aren't into death metal already, what the hell are you doing with a Death avatar?

POSER ALERT, POSER ALERT
Last edited by misanthropy_inc at Nov 13, 2008,
The rec thread.

Also, I'd start off with Death or Morbid Angel, then go to Nile, Necrophagist, Suffocation, Opeth, Entombed, etc. and see which kind you like the most. If its Old school DM then get more into Possessed, Obituary, etc. if its more modern DM get into Cannibal Corpse, Nile, etc. Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession, Psycroptic, Quo Vadis, and Neuraxis for Tech Death Metal; Suffocation, Immolation, and Origin for Brutal Death Metal, and Opeth, Death, and others for Prog Death Metal. Don't forget bands like Unleashed, Grave, Dismember, and Entombed for Swedish Death Metal. Anyway, good luck and just because you can't get into something now doesn't mean you won't rediscover it later and view it in its greatness.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Chuck said he plays metal
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Opeth, In Flames, Dan Swano.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Quote by megadeth rule
Chuck said he plays metal
Do you believe everything you read on Wikipedia? Chuck lied, and he died.

Death is just shit-core. Go away and listen to your Slipknot and Death and Hatebreed, pansy!!

666 TRUE METAL FOR LIFE!!!!!
Amon Amarth and Arch Enemy are good!
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by misanthropy_inc

Death is just shit-core. Go away and listen to your Slipknot and Death and Hatebreed, pansy!!

Death Pansy? are you insane? high? drunk? Idiotic?
"We carry death out of the village!"
Heh, a French band that was very obscure at the time, called Sideblast. They had just released their demo at the time, and a friend of mine had acquired it. I found it to be very awesome, but at the time I didn't like blast beats that much for some reason. Now I think they are awesome, and that Death Metal is the best creation on earth.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
First Death Metal song I heard was Dead By Dawn, by Deicide. I was hooked.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Man Must Die, not that big a band but "...Start Killing" kicked an epic amount of ass the first time I heard it.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
First Death Metal albums I heard were Death's "Spiritual Healing" and Morbid Angel's "Altars of Madness".

So...Genetic Reconstruction (Death) and Immortal Rites (Morbid Angel).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
The Drapery Falls, The Moor and Bleak by Opeth.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Probably from Cannibal Corpse's Tomb of the Mutilated album. Especially Hammer Smashed Face. That mixed with Deicide's Scars of the Crucifix got me into death metal.
Quote by winterXsolstice
ZAO, start with "Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest" work your way up then listen to the earlier stuff.

lol, christian metalcore fail
Quote by WaitWhat?
Man Must Die, not that big a band but "...Start Killing" kicked an epic amount of ass the first time I heard it.

Come on Die Young! Class avatar
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by misanthropy_inc

You're drunk, right?