Hey guys,

Been doing a lot of reading here and still confused as. The gist of my problem is I need an amp, I've got around $2300ish AUD - and I'm in WA (=not a lot of choice in gear and ordering shit in so no trying).

I have currently the gear in my sig although I've sold the Valveking. I'm not gigging (yet) but I play with my mates in a cover band and occasional do some original stuff. The music I'm into playing is the usual rock band covers from current Matchbox 20 type stuff to Motley Crue, 80's rock etc. Lots of Zeppelin, Iron Maiden and pre Black Metallica too. So basically I want to be able to do clean to heavy rock AND I want to be able to get an awesome cheesy 80's lead sound for when I want to bust out the solo's. I do occasionally play some heavier metal but because getting super brutal doesn't bother me I'm quite happy using a pedal like a Metal Muff or something to get a heavy sound.

As for amps I was set on a Rockerverb 50 but I've heard reports of them not being able to cut through. I really like them, looks wise (I'm a closet Orange fan :p) but I'd rather get the amp I need rather than what looks good. I have a fair few pedals too so something like the Switchblade is out, also no JCM800's, my band mate is about to buy one so also I like having the extra channel.

Sorry for the long post but I figure the more info the better. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
I wouldn't think that it would be the fault of the amp for an inability to cut through. That's usually determined by EQ and volume levels.
You said you didn't want a JCM800, but tell me you can resist this.

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/marshall/VINTAGE-MODERN-SERIES/VM2266C.htm $2299 at guitar.com.au

Or if you're set against a Marshall, I recommend these.

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/vox/ac30/ac_30cc.htm $1899.

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/hughes-&-kettner/08%20statesmen/www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products0d1f.html $2226

The Rockerverb should be able to cut it though, so I would recommend that because I, too love the Orange tone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Should probably mention I'd be getting a head since I already have the Orange 2x12. I've tried the VOX AC30 - absolutely magical cleans but the overdrive/distortion was terrible, completely lacked balls.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Any reason for the amps you mentioned? I've tried the AD30HTC but it doesn't really offer many tonal options.

Guitars:

Amp: