does anyone know where there is a place to throw away or even recycle a beat up guitar that i don't want anymore...i live in seattle so if anyone in seattle knows a place =]
i am getting an acoustic/electric this friday so i don't need this old one
and it seems really weird to throw away a whole guitar in the trash can

thanks
I would make a sweet piece of art out of it and put it on my wall
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Have a final gig with it, and as your finale smash it over your amp while it's on fire, then throw it out into the audience.
Quote by filthandfury
Just give it to someone who wants to learn.

this
or decorate it
or try selling it
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Post it in the Gear Ads forum for $1.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
x2 on giving it to someone.
Guitar center buys guitars, so if they think they can sell it for $10, they'll give you $5. That's a new pack of picks or something better than just throwing it away..
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Who kills their first guitar?
It probably has gallons of blood and sweat in/on it...

Thats like cutting your foot off and throwing it away...

Seriously, just take it around wherever you want instead of your new one and you wont have to worry about it getting messed up... Take it to the beach.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Smash it up into little pieces then plant them in the earth and make guitar trees for everyone

oooh, i'd like a guitar tree!
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

Personally, I would keep it just because its your first guitar. There's like an unwritten law or something about keeping your first. If you seriously don't want it, share the wealth and give it to someone who could benefit from it.
Get up and free yourself from yourself.
- TOOL -

GEAR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (silverburst)
Ibanez SZ720FM
Alvarez AD60CK
Crate FW65 Combo
Dunlop GCB95 CryBaby Wah
BOSS TU-2
BOSS DD-7
BOSS NS-2

I agree with the first two comments of the thread.

That, or sell it to Cash Converters for the low price of 50 cents.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
It's made of wood. Burn it and roast hotdogs.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
list it on craigslist for free. or give it to goodwill or salvation army. i'm sure there's people out there who want to learn to play but don't have the money to buy one. help them out.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
You can...

1. Hang it on a wall as art
2. Use it as a flower pot
3. SMASHH ITTT.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
but the thing is, my high e string snapped and i dont want to replace it and give it away cuz then i'd just keep it
Quote by pr0pedestrian
list it on craigslist for free. or give it to goodwill or salvation army. i'm sure there's people out there who want to learn to play but don't have the money to buy one. help them out.

This.

Also, there used to be an organization that you could donate old guitars to, and they'd fix them up and give them to kids who wanted to learn how to play but couldn't afford it. I can't remember the name...
Do a Jimi Hendrix and burn it?
Give to someone who wants to learn?
Ebay?
Pawnshop?
Decoration?
Keep playing with it?
Keep it and sell it in 30 years when the value goes up? Unless its a cheap starter.
Follow one of the suggestions above?
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

it's a pretty beat up guitar, no strum guard and it's been sanded down with dents and stuff
I'll be in Seattle 10 days from now. Hold on to it and I will take it off your hands no questions asked
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
You could sell it, even if just for $20. That's still $20 you know? Won't get you much, but hey, a movie and a burger is better than just wasting it.

Or give it to someone who really needs it. Good karma.

OR.... or... Just keep it, you never know when you might need it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by ewall09
Personally, I would keep it just because its your first guitar. There's like an unwritten law or something about keeping your first. If you seriously don't want it, share the wealth and give it to someone who could benefit from it.

+100
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by filthandfury
Just give it to someone who wants to learn.
Quote by ewall09
Quote by badgerific
Give it to some kid who wants to learn, or give it to a charity shop.

Quote by pr0pedestrian
Quote by Covet
This.

Also, there used to be an organization that you could donate old guitars to, and they'd fix them up and give them to kids who wanted to learn how to play but couldn't afford it. I can't remember the name...
try to remember the name of that organization?
Quote by x_thurston_x
You could sell it, even if just for $20. That's still $20 you know? Won't get you much, but hey, a movie and a burger is better than just wasting it.

Or give it to someone who really needs it. Good karma.

OR.... or... Just keep it, you never know when you might need it.

Quote by MeltingWaxFace
give it to an unfortunate or poor kid who can't afford a guitar.
definitely, if you know a kid like that.

if you give it to Goodwill, or the Salvation Army, they'll sell it in one of their second-hand stores. but the money will be used to buy food or clothing for somebody. some good will come from it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
its not like im quitting guitar lols
i am going to go buy an acoustic/electric or maybe just another acoustic but this one was a beat up hand-me-down that got more beat up after i used it
roam around the streets, find some kid who really wanats to learn but cant afford a guitar.
Quote by k0p4n
i am going to go buy an acoustic/electric or maybe just another acoustic but this one was a beat up hand-me-down that got more beat up after i used it

doesnt matter..someone will take it without that high e string...throwing it away should be the last thing you do to it. i dont think anyone throws out a working guitar. EVER.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by k0p4n

So let someone beat it up even more.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Why not put it in a different tuning? Keep your good one in whatever tuning you usually play with. And experiment new Ideas with this one. Giving it away is a pretty nice thing to do though.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.