Hey guise, i'll make this nice and short.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jm3Zb-HSvo&feature=related

at 2:30 onwards, what genre is that? Also suggest other songs simmilar.

Thankyou my awesome pit monkeys

I just find it so ****ing awesome, this inspired me to take up guitar tbh, 3:11 is just mindblowing epic.
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Nov 13, 2008,
that would be called EAVY ****IN METAL... and if you dont already know what that is check out
black sabbath
pantera
slayer
megadeth
iron maiden
orange goblin
and just search wikipedia for heavy metal bands
Quote by metal-head666
that would be called EAVY ****IN METAL... and if you dont already know what that is check out
black sabbath
pantera
slayer
megadeth
iron maiden
orange goblin
and just search wikipedia for heavy metal bands

I dont see how tenacious d are "heavy metal" but thanks.. BTW i'm a metal fan, love gojira etc..

Comedy rock sounds better, cheers mate, also any other comedy rock bands you know of?
a little lost.....
Check out Dio, more specifically the whole Holy Diver album. A lot of Tenacious D is Dio rip offs.
Quote by Davo Ownz
Comedy rock sounds better, cheers mate, also any other comedy rock bands you know of?

Gwar and Lordi. Unfortunately they both sound a bit different to The D.

Definitely check out Dio though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Davo Ownz
Thanks. Any particular song/s?

No particular songs but you'd probably be better off going for Gwar's earlier albums, they have a much less thrashy sound to them. Any of Lordi's albums would do you well though. And the whole of Holy Diver by Dio is basically a metal "must-hear".
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.