i know there is the audacity thread for this, so im sorry bout double posting here. Its a bit urgent.

here goes

my guitar is connected to my processor (zoom 707 II) which is then connected to my soundcard thru the mike input.

i listen to what im playing thru the headphones. While im recording, what i hear sounds perfect.
Its when i playback the recorded peice that everything is one step lower! (i.e a A becomes a G# etc.)
any idea what must be wrong?

thank you.
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
I remember this being treated in another thread...cant remember which one sorry, but I do remember it has to do with the configuration of your soundcard, try learking around your settings to see if you can find sommin
Make sure you have same sample rate used in Audacity and your soundcard. 44100 should be a good default setting for all.

Also I'd recommend to connect to your soundcard's line-in rather than the microphone input.
thanks for the input all of you. I'll try seeing if theres a difference in playback speed and the sample rate.
Will connecting the guitar to the line in provide a better quality recording? I'v heard people having hissing problems etc. Will give it a shot though.
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
Yep, it's definitely a sample rate issue. I've had the same problem before and it's so annoying.
There is poetry in despair.