I was wondering how to get a bullseye design on my guitar alsomst perfect. Is there any stencils or somthing? How do i do it? Thanks!!!
i think you can buy a how-to off ebay... or for that matter, any other stencil manufacturer. I'll try to find a link for you... *flees*

Returns...

http://www.paintyourownguitar.com/books.html

that's the best i can find, They sell eBooks... so location and shipping's not an issue there if you're okay with... well... a printer :P:
------

Shwiggity.
Last edited by deftonesordie at Nov 13, 2008,
I did mine by sticking a tack or small nail in the center of where you want the pattern to start, tie a string to it then put a pencil on the other end and move it out in 1 inch(or whatever your preference is) increments until you get as many circles as you need. Do this over the tape or masking of course. Here's a couple pics of mine:

masked

painted

hope this helps
Quote by AceFrehley35
I was wondering how to get a bullseye design on my guitar alsomst perfect. Is there any stencils or somthing? How do i do it? Thanks!!!

Scuff sand whole front of guitar and mask edges or whatever you intend to do.

Paint one of the colours, preferably the lighter colour, over the guitar.

Frisket masking film, also known as Artists Mask, is available on Ebay. Buy some wide enough to cover the front of the guitar in one piece preferably.

Find the centre of your Bullseye and glue an Eraser over the middle, then continue your line up markings across the eraser so you have a cross.

Mark out the circles by putting a thumb tack into the cross on the rubber, with some string etc coming from it.

When you have all your circles. Cut them out with an exacto (and maybe the string too, to keep them circular) so that the bits you remove are the areas that you want in the darker colour.

Spray the darker colour, 3 coats should be enough. Let it dry a while and peel off the masking, BEFORE the paint is fully dry.

Let it all dry, knock down teh edges with teh back of a spoon if you feel brave and can notice a defined lip.

Clear coat.

Buff.

Polish.