What are some quotes you've heard famous people say, only to find out someone has said them before? Yet, that particular quote didn't get famous until the musician or actor or whoever said it.

For example: I've heard quite a few people say "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not" was said by Kurt Cobain. But he actually stole the quote from Andre Gide, a French novelist. The original quote was, "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."

Anyone know of any other situations like this?
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Nah, I'm too lazy to research these things.

Also, inb4Kirtsucks
sig goes here
"This thread is bullshit"

It was said by some other UGer sometime. But now I'm stealing it.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt

How many people do you think knew that Kurt Cobain didn't make that up when he said it?
Besides it's a cliche probably, you can use it when you want.
meh
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

sig goes here
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

Nice.
Quote by ZackyJW83

How many people do you think knew that Kurt Cobain didn't make that up when he said it?
Besides it's a cliche probably, you can use it when you want.

It's not a cliche it's a quote.
Si
Never liked Kurt Cobain myself. Kind of a whiner IMO...

Dave Grohl is the man... positive attitude, good guitarist, great songwriter and has created a whole new career for himself. Talk about reinvention. I think that he's outdone what he did with nirvana 2-3 times over. Maybe not in the broad scope of things, i.e. ringing in a new music style but foo fighters is a great band imo.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
Quote by The_rylan

Dave Grohl is the man... positive attitude, good guitarist, great songwriter and has created a whole new career for himself. Talk about reinvention. I think that he's outdone what he did with nirvana 2-3 times over. Maybe not in the broad scope of things, i.e. ringing in a new music style but foo fighters is a great band imo.

Only two good things came from Nirvana, Dave Grohl and a shotgun shell.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by The_rylan

rylan...with the being-on-topic...

anyway dissing kurt cobain=off limits. it's just that amount of ignorance could make the world explode.