I pretty much always wipe down my guitar with a glasses cloth after I play. (I don't wear glasses, but I always keep one in handy anyway...)

It's not that important for my Strat with it's sanded neck and all, but with my main guitar which has a finished neck, the sweat and grit builds up really easily and it's disgusting.
I use this stuff called Dr.Duck's something. Petroleum based i think, works great to get grease off.

On a rag on a stick.

Nah, just some cotton cloths.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Nov 13, 2008,
I use an Ernie Ball polishing cloth. But used to have some old cloth diapers that my mom had laying around the house. THey were super soft and big too.

Every 5-6 months I'll condition my necks with raw linseed oil. Keeps them moisturized and healthy.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
I use tissue paper like everyone else, and do my best not to get the guitar in the first place
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by auskeek
It's not that important for my Strat with it's sanded neck and all, but with my main guitar which has a finished neck, the sweat and grit builds up really easily and it's disgusting.

I think it's awesome, therefore I don't wipe down at all. I just change clean the neck with some polish every time I change strings. Plus I'm lazy.
I use laminate floor wipes and some soft tissue :P works ok..And i use it on the fretboard, cleans it up good.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
When I change strings, I usually have lots of finger grease and finger prints on there, so I just get a wet rag and scrub her down, then dry it with a paper towel. Probably not the best method, but it's a cheap walmart guitar :P so I really don't care.
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
I also use glasses cloth, works pretty well. But it's small.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.