I have to write a paper on fast food and it's connection to obesity for my english class. (The rough draft is due in about 10 hours and I'm just starting, a fairly good beginning.) For my thesis I'm stating that the government shouldn't take any action against fast food companies or have to set any mandates because America is a free campitalist society and fast food restaruants are pretty honest about the food they serve and if consumers choose to eat unhealthy food that's their responsibility. How does the Pit feel about this topic?
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
i feel your taking the correct stance, while i feel they are morally wrong for serving shitty food and making it so damn cheap.
Let them be fat. Ill remain smart and healthy.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
^You can't expect good quality at low prices, so you'll get poor quality at those prices instead.

I would try shortening up your thesis statement a tad, it was kinda hard to read because of how long and drawn out it was.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I think they should use taxation to an extent, although educating people is still a better idea economically at least
fast food contains fat, fat people like fat hence fat people are fat. How's that for an opening line.
TACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTACOTAco
sorry new taco bell in my town, I got a little excited. And will probably become obese.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
It's a good topic. It's true too. You can reference the movie Super Size Me to. I haven't eaten McDonalds since I saw that movie haha. But I also have not eaten fast food except for a grilled chicken sandwich and taco bell 2 times in almost 2 years. As a result of that and eating right I lost close to 100 lbs so. In your paper talk about how Morgan Spurlock got really sick from his experiment of eating only fast food for a month. The positives that can be obtained by not eaten the junk and then like other healthy alternatives.

I don't know if thats what your looking for it's just an idea. I think it would be kind of hard trying to write a paper about how the government should not interfer with something but then again I am not that knowledgeable about Government stuff or writing papers.
Quote by chris024
i feel your taking the correct stance, while i feel they are morally wrong for serving shitty food and making it so damn cheap.

Too true. Kid ya got the right viewpoint on that; i did an essay similar to that last year.
Our governments all about letting us making choices and putting the pressure on ourselves.
If we can't handle the choices properly then it's our own faults. (Ex. Voting) look up the maynard james keenan (tool) interview on here, he had a really good quote that you can use for an analogy.
Fast food companies need to be more open about what is in their food.

Food packaging is required to contain nutrition information out of shops, but restaurants hide it away on posters with ludicrously small print.

When you buy a burger the packaging should clearly state how many calories, how much fat, how much protein etc etc is in the food and what percentage that comprises of your RDA.
Quote by eviledge87
I have to write a paper on fast food and it's connection to obesity for my english class. (The rough draft is due in about 10 hours and I'm just starting, a fairly good beginning.) For my thesis I'm stating that the government shouldn't take any action against fast food companies or have to set any mandates because America is a free campitalist society and fast food restaruants are pretty honest about the food they serve and if consumers choose to eat unhealthy food that's their responsibility. How does the Pit feel about this topic?

Sounds like an A+ paper to me.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Fast food companies need to be more open about what is in their food.

Food packaging is required to contain nutrition information out of shops, but restaurants hide it away on posters with ludicrously small print.

When you buy a burger the packaging should clearly state how many calories, how much fat, how much protein etc etc is in the food and what percentage that comprises of your RDA.

Yes, because the surgeon generals warning works wonders on cigarettes.

Seriously? You don't think consumers have any responsibility? If they're interested in finding out...the information is available, and I really don't think anyone is biting into a Big Mac and expecting it to have the nutrition of a grilled salmon. Nearly everyone on the planet is aware of the nutritional values (or lack thereof) on fast food.
Quote by denizenz
Yes, because the surgeon generals warning works wonders on cigarettes.

Seriously? You don't think consumers have any responsibility? If they're interested in finding out...the information is available, and I really don't think anyone is biting into a Big Mac and expecting it to have the nutrition of a grilled salmon. Nearly everyone on the planet is aware of the nutritional values (or lack thereof) on fast food.
People know it's bad, they don't know how bad.

And I think such things do make people think twice. I know they do for me.

In general people don't think that they're going to be sold something that can have such a big impact on their health, and many people are poorly educated on nutrition in the 1st place, having a percentage representation of what something consists of what their supposed to eat might steer them clear in the future.
Briefly explain how arteriosclerosis forms and how fat is dispersed throughout the body and it's connection to fast foods high in fats.
hue
There should be a lot more education on the subject, and the dangers of consistently eating fast food should be advertised in the shops, the same way it is for smoking. But it remains your personal choice if you want to eat it, as long as you know what it's doing to you.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I would watch the movie supersize me, there are alot of good facts. Personally i found fast food very addictive but after giving it up i've lost 3 stone without any exercise within 10 months with a pretty unhealthy diet and i wouldn't blame fast food companies for me gaining weight the only reason i'm fat is through my choice to not do anything about it.