Hello ALL,
I currently own a psp phat with 3.51 fw.
I am wondering if is it worth upgrading to the highest fw to get the extras(internet radio,etc)
or it is better in downgrading?

I have tried doing some research and im pretty sure the only way to downgrade a 3.51 is with a pandoras battery
if any one has any ideas that would be great
Why downgrade?

Surely it would be better to upgrade or stay?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
When you downgrade you are able to load custom firmware and run full game isos, homebrew games, and emulators. Im just not sure if i would be able to do it safely.
Quote by hendrixrocker2
When you downgrade you are able to load custom firmware and run full game isos, homebrew games, and emulators. Im just not sure if i would be able to do it safely.

Summary for nabs: You can only hack your PSP if you downgrade.
The new firmware will be hacked eventually, downgrade for now and go back up when the new firmware gets hacked.

I've been debating whether to get a psp for a while now.

Though I have no money so that makes the decision for me

btw, you can buy PSP pandora batteries commercially now, I saw em on amazon, so it's very doable even for noobs now.
Quote by freedoms_stain

btw, you can buy PSP pandora batteries commercially now, I saw em on amazon, so it's very doable even for noobs now.

Are you serious??? That's fuckin' nuts.
downgrading with a pandora is 99% safe because if you have the battery then you will be able to restore it if it goes wrong

Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Wait, I have a slim with the latest firmware, and now they have commercial pandora batteries?? Can I still downgrade or should I just trade my psp into gamestop and trade it for a psp with lower FW
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by heavenbesideyou
Wait, I have a slim with the latest firmware, and now they have commercial pandora batteries?? Can I still downgrade or should I just trade my psp into gamestop and trade it for a psp with lower FW
Yes you can downgrade, that's the point of the pandora battery. It allows you to install custom firmware which you can acquire from t'interweb and use to play "homebrew*" games from a memory card on your PSP.

*Or ilegal copies of games