I'm sitting at work, and the muscle on the left side of my neck is really sore when I move it. I think I must have slept on it wirdly or something. When I get home I'm going to do the usual thing; put a hot water bottle on it etc. Thing is though, does anyone know anything I can do now to ease the pain?

And before some smart ass says don't seek medical advice from the pit, there is no way in hell I'm going to a doctor for something so trivial as a sore neck. So I'll come to the pit instead

Cheers
Quote by pawnshopguitars
I'm sitting at work, and the muscle on the left side of my neck is really sore when I move it. I think I must have slept on it wirdly or something. When I get home I'm going to do the usual thing; put a hot water bottle on it etc. Thing is though, does anyone know anything I can do now to ease the pain?

And before some smart ass says don't seek medical advice from the pit, there is no way in hell I'm going to a doctor for something so trivial as a sore neck. So I'll come to the pit instead

Cheers

I vote stress or needing to move around more or both.
Just try to move it as little as possible.

If it's really bad, free afternoon off work!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Crack it.

... Seriously, just do some neck excercises SLOWLY.

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
mine is killing me too as we speak. Mine's in the middle, and probably stress realted because I've been strung out like crazy on confusing and such recently. Take two aleve. It should help. That's naproxen-sodium. Over the counter.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
deep heat smells bad stings like a bitch but its sposed to relieve muscle pain
Just stretch it.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by reesy
deep heat smells bad stings like a bitch but its sposed to relieve muscle pain

It smells fine. In this case IcyHot will actually help
Fill a new tube sock with white rice (tie the end) and nule it for two minutes, then put it on your neck. it works good
Quote by Big Dave 91
Deep Heat if they have that where you are

the spray thing ?
yeah that stuff works wonders....
If all else fails.....have a bubble bath
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Get some arnica or something from the pharmacy if you can get time off to go there
Or alternatively just gently move your neck, don't make it hurt though
Thanks guys. No one said fap; is this a new record?!?! Annoyingly, it's pointless getting the afternooon off work, because I get a lift home with my mum so I'll be stuck in the cold nothing to do for two hours with a sore neck. I'll try and say I need to go to the pharmacy though, that should get some time off and hopefully help too.

And muffy green, that is on hell of an idea. I'm going to be trying that when I get home!