What kind of pen should i use if i wanted a famous guitarist to sign my guitar? Not a paint pen i imagine but i dunno about a sharpie?

Thanks in advance

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Permanent black marker... unless your guitar's black!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
one of those permanent paint markers. silver wouks good in many cases. make sure it is absolutely permanent.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
just any permanent marker. I would suggest black. but it might be handy to put a blanc lacquer on top of it after they wrote on it. I've got my guitar signed but one of the signs is gone now, because I rubbed over them while playing.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Ah sorry i should have mentioned its a black ibanez and i brought a silver sharpie i just wasnt sure as some pen inks can react with guitar paint so i just wanted to make sure.

there was a thread on this not to long ago, and this guy that collected sports periphenilia said if you go over the sig in lacquer, it looses it's value. Make sure if you want to play it, you get it signed in a place you won't be touching. And make sure you don't wax it, and I'd avoid it when polishing it too.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Lycan_Ste
Ah sorry i should have mentioned its a black ibanez and i brought a silver sharpie i just wasnt sure as some pen inks can react with guitar paint so i just wanted to make sure.

Gotcha. Too bad it's black cuz that marker pic I posted is the industrial duty sharpie and you absolutely can't get rid of it once it's on something. I even tried it on glass and you really have to scrub to get it off that.
Who you looking to sign it? I'm going to see Paul Gilbert on Tuesday but i don't know If he'll have time
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Paul Gilbert saturday funny enough i dunno if to leave it in the car then get it after the gig or take it in with me?

use a sharp stone or a knife, that way it'll never go off
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt