Hey, so recently I've been shopping around for a six string bass. I looked at the bongo but it was way to expensive and i tried the Ibanez SR506 but it didn't feel right. So I was wondering how the Spector legend 6 was. I know that Spector has a good reputation but i wasn't sure about their legend series. Is it good quality for the price? or are there problems with it?
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
I have a legend 5 and I absolutely love it. Strings are alot closer together than many 5 strings though, don't know about the 6 string.
Step 1) Find one.
Step 2) Try one.
Step 3) Reflect.
Step 4) Ponder.
Step 5) Check out the rest of the market.
Step 6) Purchase?
I'm planning on trying one tommorow when I go to the music shop but I was just wondering before hand if there was anything I should avoid. I wanted to make sure that it didn't have hardware problems like shotty electronics. Sometimes I don't want to trust the sales people ever since one of them tried selling me a thunderbird. Is the string spacing close like an Ibanez or is it thinner?
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
Last edited by bluntfoot at Nov 13, 2008,
Step 1) Find one.
Step 2) Try one.
Step 3) Reflect.
Step 4) Ponder.
Step 5) Check out the rest of the market.
Step 6) Purchase?
Step 7)Hold onto for many years.
Step 8) ????
Step 9) PROFIT!!!11!!

But I personally enjoy Spector basses over Bongos though
I know two people in local bands that have Spectors. one's a 4 string, the other is a 6 string, but I've only played the 4 string. Hard to analyze cause I used it for a show with my band.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by bluntfoot
i tried the Ibanez SR506 but it didn't feel right.

What didn't feel right about it? If it was that neck felt small and cramped, getting a spector might be in order, cause they have pretty chunky necks.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I'm looking at the same thing. Only I'm in a pickle because I live in a rural town in Arizona and the closest place that carries them is a good 3 hours away.
thanks kugelspot, that's what i was wondering. The neck on the Ibanez felt very small and slightly uncomfortable ( probably cause it's so flat). I knew most Ibanez had very thin necks but I wasn't sure if there six strings were like that as well.

the help is much appreciated, now I just have to figure out the color lol
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
Spector seems to have a good reputation. I want to get one for my next bass. so I'd just go for it
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join