My dad is getting back next week.

He has been in Afghanistan since February and I have grown up a lot since then.

I'm kind of worried that hes gonna be all crazy mean and shit...

Usually when he gets back from combat he is really stressed and up tight, and he has had a lot of men die under him on this deployment.

Any tips on how to make this go smoothly and also have him not treat me like a little kid?
cover him in baby oil and show him your pyoobz?
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Well you said that you've grown up a lot since then.

Greet him properly, and speak to him like an adult, and make him proud to be your father. Just tell him about stuff that's happened, and laugh and spend time with him and make him feel happy to be home.

And yeah it is understandable that he'd be under stress from men dying under him.

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Guitarfreak217
My dad is getting back next week.

He has been in Afghanistan since February and I have grown up a lot since then.

I'm kind of worried that hes gonna be all crazy mean and shit...

Usually when he gets back from combat he is really stressed and up tight, and he has had a lot of men die under him on this deployment.

Any tips on how to make this go smoothly and also have him not treat me like a little kid?

What are his hobbies? What does he enjoy to destress and unwind? Maybe you could plan an outing or some type of event that would relax him and give the two of you (or entire family) some time together. Take his mind off things and prove that you're mature enough to care for and respect him all at once.
Make sure that when he gets home that he doesn't have everyone shouting in his ear trying to get attention. He may be excited to be back, but too much attention can be overwhelming.
Share a few beers with him and catch up on everything, 10 months is a long time.
Don't talk about death, don't ask questions like "Did you see anyone die?" or "Did you kill anyone??". Just let him know your glad to have him back and you are proud to be his son, that sort of thing
EDIT: Dammit, your too young for beers to come into the equation, and hey your a lefty!!!
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Paint a baseball up like a pokeball and throw it at his feet in an attempt to catch him.....
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
1st thing you do when you see him?

Tackle him to the ground and beat your chest.

Universal symbol of manliness that.
Quote by elliott FTW
cover him in baby oil and show him your pyoobz?

Quote by dxpaintball8000
Paint a baseball up like a pokeball and throw it at his feet in an attempt to catch him.....

You 2 should both get together and try to come up with better jokes
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Well you said that you've grown up a lot since then.

Greet him properly, and speak to him like an adult, and make him proud to be your father. Just tell him about stuff that's happened, and laugh and spend time with him and make him feel happy to be home.

And yeah it is understandable that he'd be under stress from men dying under him.

this pretty much sums up what i was gonna say.
Quote by ravioli123
Make sure that when he gets home that he doesn't have everyone shouting in his ear trying to get attention. He may be excited to be back, but too much attention can be overwhelming.
Share a few beers with him and catch up on everything, 10 months is a long time.
Don't talk about death, don't ask questions like "Did you see anyone die?" or "Did you kill anyone??". Just let him know your glad to have him back and you are proud to be his son, that sort of thing
EDIT: Dammit, your too young for beers to come into the equation, and hey your a lefty!!!

Crap... stupid lappy cam takes pictures like a mirror...
I'm just a lowly righty...

But yeah... thanks for the tips, they sound good...

Everyone else too, keep em coming... huge help...

That Pokemon one made me lol.
Give him a beer and hug it out, bitch.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Well, I agree with Oblivion_ Rps. Just make him feel like he's been missed and try to make him happy. Just try to do things with him that he really enjoys, that will help him let go of some of the stress and just try to have the best day possible. Give him a hug.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved