I am not really a chorus or delay or flange person. i just like overdrive and distortion. but i want to know what effect will shape my sound. i play hardcore. and i play with my youth band at church. i have a epiphone les paul standard. what will clean up the muddy sound of the pickups. and make my sound more clearer?

thanks for the help.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Wow- hardcore and a youth band at church? sounds like quite the alter-ego. I use boss distortion- gets the job done for me

well i already have the distortion and overdrive. should i get a eq pedal. and what wil that do to my sound. and yea i play hardcore with my friend "we have a band" and then i play slow music at my church. like hillsong united.
get a reverb and an eq pedal. also if you dont mind spending more money for a better tone you can buy a chorus pedal and set it very low. it will tighten up your sound a lot and make it sound more full.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
An EQ will do wonders.

A reverb, not so much, especially if your going to be playing in a church giving it that reverb effect in any case.

Chorus pedals will fill your sound more, because all it effectively does is up/de-tune your guitar and send it out with the original signal.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I would say EQ definantly. I guess for your youth band you could get a volume pedal for swells. or possibly a crybaby wah.
Phaser?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
if you get a Boss EQ pedal and a chorus, it will definitely sounds tighter. To clean up that muddy sound tho, I would have to suggest getting new pickups. My LP standard has the same problem. I know i need new pickups but i just don't wanna buy any.
Get an equalizer and noise supressor, the equalizer will do a great change to your sound, while the noise supressor will eliminateu nwanted noise and hum without altering an instrument's natural tone.

hardcore and church ey?? you sure are one of a kind...
i know this is a bad brand and its cheap but can you take a look at this pedal Danelectro DJ14 Fish and Chips 7-Band EQ Pedal its 30 bucks and it has really good reviews. what do u think about this pedal.
i still say new amp......if you go used, you can start looking at some very decent tube amps in the $400-$500 range. which, as you say you are getting a job in a few weeks, shouldnt take that long to acquire.

also, any tube amp will tighten up your sound more than an EQ matched with an MG-15 anyday.
its not a bad pedal at all. it is not comparative to the MXR 10 band (or 6-band) but its a nice pedal regardless.

edit: i take back my statement about it not being comparative to the MXR 6-band. i actually have no idea about that, cause i've never actually used the 6-band.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Nov 13, 2008,
A pedal that will do wonders for you, is a compressor. And right after you get that, turn the gain down on your amp a little, it will add a lot of note definition, and try not scooping your mids so much.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by Skierinanutshel
its not a bad pedal at all. it is not comparative to the MXR 10 band (or 6-band) but its a nice pedal regardless.

edit: i take back my statement about it not being comparative to the MXR 6-band. i actually have no idea about that, cause i've never actually used the 6-band.

so if i get the cheap pedal. will it help me at all?
The 10-band EQ is great. The boss stompbox isn't quite as good, but it will still greatly improve your tone.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!