hello guys, ive been playing guitar for about a year and 2 months and ive covered songs like november rain, comfortably numb, another brick in the wall, bohemian raphsody, sultan of swings, ten years gone by led zepp, dreamer by ozzy and many more. i can nail those solos fairly well. my tempo and speed are ok too but a problem is that i play with an acoustic which has a bit high action but i do quite good when i borrow someone elses electric guitar since i dont have any. i can also pluck recognizable songs like tears in heaven and few more. im currently working on more speed picking licks and learning some theories. i try to practice 2/3 hours a day cuz im busy with my exams. and umm umm .. is my progress decent enough ? what ya think ?

lol edit: i covered 1st solo in sultan. just forgot to mention.lol
Last edited by nileflows at Nov 13, 2008,
If you can nail Brian May on BR, and the Mark Knopfler's fast legato at the end of Sultans, after a year, I'd be scared. Well done m8. You're doing fine.

Another thing, if you're practicing 2-3 hrs daily, that's plenty, assuming you have a very efficient mode of practice.
Last edited by mdc at Nov 13, 2008,
You are ok.

I play since 2 years and you seems good like me at soloing. I'm mainly a rhythm/riff player though, I rarely play solos.

EDIT: OMG Sultans Of Swing after 1 year? I never tried it, but the last solos seems too fast for me. Well done then
Last edited by Poglia at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by Poglia
You are ok.

I play since 2 years and you seems good like me at soloing. I'm mainly a rhythm/riff player though, I rarely play solos.

EDIT: OMG Sultans Of Swing after 1 year? I never tried it, but the last solos seems too fast for me. Well done then

edit: i covered only the 1st solo in sultan. i might try the next solo next year .. lol
How did u learn all those bends and high stuff on an acoustic?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by nileflows
hello guys, ive been playing guitar for about a year and 2 months and ive covered songs like november rain, comfortably numb, another brick in the wall, bohemian raphsody, sultan of swings, ten years gone by led zepp, dreamer by ozzy and many more. i can nail those solos fairly well. my tempo and speed are ok too but a problem is that i play with an acoustic which has a bit high action but i do quite good when i borrow someone elses electric guitar since i dont have any. i can also pluck recognizable songs like tears in heaven and few more. im currently working on more speed picking licks and learning some theories. i try to practice 2/3 hours a day cuz im busy with my exams. and umm umm .. is my progress decent enough ? what ya think ?

lol edit: i covered 1st solo in sultan. just forgot to mention.lol

The only way anyone can tell if you are good or not is too hear you play...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube
1) theres no such thing as "ok" - you should decide yourself whether you're improving at a fast enough speed or not. at the end of the day it doesnt matter; if you want to improve faster, then practise more, if you want to relax a bit, practise less.

2) practising on an acoustic is gonna make your left hand dynamics much much better, if you switch to electric, things will feel really easy (but it might take some getting used to)

3) ignore people on UG - theyd love to make you feel shit so they can feel better about themselves. (although so far people have been quite nice i guess)

you're probably a lot better than i was when id been playing for a year and 2 months...
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
1) theres no such thing as "ok" - you should decide yourself whether you're improving at a fast enough speed or not. at the end of the day it doesnt matter; if you want to improve faster, then practise more, if you want to relax a bit, practise less.

2) practising on an acoustic is gonna make your left hand dynamics much much better, if you switch to electric, things will feel really easy (but it might take some getting used to)

3) ignore people on UG - theyd love to make you feel shit so they can feel better about themselves. (although so far people have been quite nice i guess)

you're probably a lot better than i was when id been playing for a year and 2 months...

lol at the 3rd comment, it's a paradox. You are a guy on UG too

And this is not the pit. People here are generally a bit more mature.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 13, 2008,
Sounds about right. Bo Rhap and Sultans are good songs with good solos, at a year and a bit, that's pretty good.

Look, you're obviously dedicated enough, it's time you shelled out for an electric. Even if you pick a shit one up for $50, it's better than nothing.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
And this is not the pit. People here are generally a bit more mature.
good point... havent ventured this far into the forums for quite a while
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by Mike-T
The only way anyone can tell if you are good or not is too hear you play...

the only post in this thread that really makes any sense
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well, i've played for AGES, and to me it seems like you know more about technique and such than me.. So.. yeah xD
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!