What have bands done that made you really respect them?

Personally, I think it's damn cool that even though the drummer for Def Leppard lost an arm, the band found a way to make it all work.

your turn.
The Smashing Pumpkins donated 100% of their tour profits to charity during one of their largest tours.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Metallica stopping Napster...

... Oh wait.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Five Iron Frenzy: They were a real good but somewhat unknown Ska band. I went to their final tour. After the show the whole band came out to talk to people who were still hanging around. I got to shoot the breeze with most of the band and get some autographs.

Flogging Molly: The drummer (George Schwindt) autographed all the drumsticks he used during the show and threw them into the crowd, and I caught one
When Muse took the Oxfam sue money and donated it to a different charity.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Rage Against the Machine came to my hometown to visit the Republican National Convention a couple months ago. They performed an a cappella concert outside the Xcel Energy Center that caused a huge disturbance and disrupted the peace, and made us look like terrible hosts to the Republican party.

Wait...
Bon Jovi did more to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina than the President of the United States did and have built lots of homes for very poor people.
Quote by master
What have bands done that made you really respect them?

Personally, I think it's damn cool that even though the drummer for Def Leppard lost an arm, the band found a way to make it all work.

your turn.

especially now that he uses an actual drum kit instead of the electronic. Rick was always a good drummer anyway, long before he lost his arm. but he made it work for sure. one of my fav. bands.

i found it cool how Zeppelin disbanded after Bonzo's death, and didn't find a replacement right away.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
don't coldplay donate their tour money to charity or something?
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Matt Skiba broke up a fight between kids in a video I saw. When one responded with "You're gay", he simply said "Nothing wrong with that."
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by MoonageDaydream
When Muse took the Oxfam sue money and donated it to a different charity.

What happened?

Quote by KwikKopy
Rage Against the Machine came to my hometown to visit the Republican National Convention a couple months ago. They performed an a cappella concert outside the Xcel Energy Center that caused a huge disturbance and disrupted the peace, and made us look like terrible hosts to the Republican party.

Wait...

Yeah they made MN look like shit, all those people did so much damage and it didn't accomplish anything at all.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by untalented
don't coldplay donate their tour money to charity or something?

coldplay does allot for the "fair trade" orginisation

at their older concerts you always see " = " everywhere, which is the symbol of fair trade
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

Anti-Flag released their "A Benefit For Victims Of Violent Crime" and donated all of the profits to charity.
When The White Stripes went to Canada, they vowed to visit every province and territory. Meaning they played in front of 20,000 fans in Toronto and 400 fans in some Northern arctic town. They apparantly lost $60,000 touring up north to the small communities. I just thought it was pretty cool that they would do that. They also did impromptu free concerts in every city they played in. Such as playing a few songs on a bus, or at the homeless shelter.
Nine Inch Nails releasing The Slip for free, along with Ghosts I, and not caring if you download it. That's pretty cool I guess.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by LedInMyHead
When The White Stripes went to Canada, they vowed to visit every province and territory. Meaning they played in front of 20,000 fans in Toronto and 400 fans in some Northern arctic town. They apparantly lost $60,000 touring up north to the small communities. I just thought it was pretty cool that they would do that. They also did impromptu free concerts in every city they played in. Such as playing a few songs on a bus, or at the homeless shelter.

That's awesome, I wish more bands cared that much.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
When Oli Sykes peed on that girl and threw a bottle at her. That made me realise that Bring Me The Horizon are the most gentlemanly and respectful band in the Land.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Protest the Hero released albums for me to listen to and enjoy.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....