Has anyone had experiences with replacement speakers?
im planning to put a more powerful 15" in thte combo i have.
i want a very clear tone.
Any suggestions?
also is eminenence a good brand?
There's no 15 with a clear tone - that's what the tweeter is for. And putting a more powerful speaker in there won't change the volume at all, really. That said, Celestion and Eminence make some great speakers. And some average ones. And some crappy ones.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
thanks alot fitz
I really only need it to plug into my much more powerful ashdown ABM (the speaker is from a electric blue combo), i dont want the speaker to blow, and i dont want to slave it because i want to take the "head" from the combo and put a rackmout wireless system in there.
Ive found some Eminence speakers ranging from £50-150 which series of eminence would be of good quality?
thanks alot fitz
Hi, The Eminence Delta 15" is a good speaker you should be able to pick one up for around £65.
It's a pity that you don't live nearer than London, I made a bulk purchase of Deltalite II 2515 15" speakers the RRP is £113; I'm selling at £50.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by thefitz
There's no 15 with a clear tone - that's what the tweeter is for. And putting a more powerful speaker in there won't change the volume at all, really. That said, Celestion and Eminence make some great speakers. And some average ones. And some crappy ones.
And the crappy ones usualy end up in major company cabs and combos, this is where manufacturer states a spec to various speaker oulets and then who comes up with the lowest quote.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Hi, The Eminence Delta 15" is a good speaker you should be able to pick one up for around £65.
It's a pity that you don't live nearer than London, I made a bulk purchase of Deltalite II 2515 15" speakers the RRP is £113; I'm selling at £50.

ive seen it on thomann for £54, but the delta 15pro is for £90. is there alot of difference in tone between them?
also would it be possible for you to post it to london if i get my parents to send you a cheque?
The speakers I have are the Deltalite Neodymium 15s, not the heavy magnet older type, the 12" Deltalite Neo at thommans is £68.81.
The pro 15 is a much heavier and costlier speaker on a cast chassis with a 1db gain in sensitivity.
I could post one to you although I'm not sure of the postage cost.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by ccam555
It be impossible to find a 15 with clear tone, better off going with a 4x10, or just a 10-12.
it's a bit of a falacy to say that all 15s sound the same, you've only to look at the spec sheets.
Some Markbass cabs have very small speakers that produce incredible depth for their size but there is always a trade off.
10" bass speakers do not tend to have the same sensitivity (db output) at low frequencies as larger diametre speakers do.
As an all round speaker for Bass 15s take some beating; that is why they've been around so long, augmented by a 2x10+horn you have a very good set-up but I certainly wouldn't start with just a 2x10 where a 2x12 would be much better now that Neodymiums are established on the market and will more than likely become the standard speakers across the board.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by jb_reborn
Has anyone had experiences with replacement speakers?
im planning to put a more powerful 15" in thte combo i have.
i want a very clear tone.
Any suggestions?
also is eminenence a good brand?

EBS makes a 1 x 15 speaker cab that is CLEAR and punchy!!!

www.ebssweden.com