Does anyone have an opinion on this amp: Acoustic B200? I'm looking for a new one, and the price is right as is the wattage. I would be very open to alternate suggestions and would be willing to spend at most $500 (before tax). Thanks!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
I have actually had my eye on that bass amp for a couple months now and unless something absolutely wows me, then that will be the one I get when I enough money to not feel bad about spending $350(I have spending issues :P).
It's a solid amp with good EQ and handles down tuning and the low B string well. Has a good amount of punch for a 15 inch speaker.

You may want to look into Ashdown as well if you can find them(I can't find any around me)
its a solid amp especailly for the price
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Acoustics are great amps. I have an Acoustic B20 combo and it's awesome.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
my b200 is 2 ft away from me.

i've had it since about july, and its pretty good. the tone is really whatever you need it to be, nice and loud.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
a great amp. buy it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I swear I am the only one one these forums who thinks the "clear" sound of the Acoustic line is rather vanilla.

Its well built though and if you like that sound, go for it.
Quote by anarkee
I swear I am the only one one these forums who thinks the "clear" sound of the Acoustic line is rather vanilla.

Its well built though and if you like that sound, go for it.

I like vanilla...

and everyone has to be different somehow.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by anarkee

You're not alone.
I'm slightly annoyed they aren't available here; I used to own an original 70's 100w head, like John Deacon's. Killer clean tone thro' my old HH 2x15". Sadly I was seduced by easy distortion and chopped it in for a '76 SuperBass.