would a floyd rose even fit on a strat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fits-Floyd-Rose-Bridge-Tremolo-System-True-Parts-Chrome_W0QQitemZ280284131533QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item280284131533&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

that link has the one i've been looking at please help me i dont know if i should buy it cuz it might not work well with my guitar. FEEDBACK PLEASE
Fender sells a Strat with a Floyd. You'll have to do a bit of routing to fit one in a stock Strat, but I see no reason it wouldn't work.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by SHRED.
what is routing?

Cutting out a bit of the body to fit things in.

In a nutshell, anyways.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i was thinking i could just give it to sam ash and let them do that shit lol
Quote by SHRED.
wow just called em and said it was 100 dollars to do what assholes lol

It is difficult work, it needs to be very accurate, and the way I said it makes it sound like an every day thing!

But $100 is pretty cheap for putting a FR in, sometimes it can cost up to $250.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by SHRED.
nah thats ridiculous id rather do it myself

I think you'll find it quite hard and probably screw it up. Take it to a pro.
Quote by SHRED.
nah thats ridiculous id rather do it myself

Can we get pics when you cut it wrong or realize you don't know how, aren't willing to spend the time doing so, or don't have the items to refinish the newly exposed wood? ;D

Seriously, $100 for routing is a great deal. If you wan that FR, take it over.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
You don't have to rout the body, it doesn't have to be set up to float
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Fender sells a Stratocaster FR, and ESP used to sell a Strat shape with a Floyd Rose, known as the Marilyn.

The next three have floating bridges, but they aren't Floyd Rose.

Also, for further reference, Kirk Hammett used one in the video for One.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
i guess i forgot to tell you people i dont have much of a budget and have experience with this kind of stuff so i think i could handle it
Quote by SHRED.
what is routing?

this is a pretty clear sign that you shouldn't even attempt...

it's removing the wood to allow the trem to fit...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by SHRED.
i guess i forgot to tell you people i dont have much of a budget and have experience with this kind of stuff so i think i could handle it

no i dont think you could.

Its not just a simple cut and drop in.

Trem springs need to be installed, and the balance and intonation of everything is crucial and should be done by a luthier, unless you want to **** up your guitar
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Someones a tad cocky.

You have no budget. Quit being cheap, 100 dollars is not too much for the service being performed.
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Quote by SHRED.

obviously not if you asked what is routing...
Quote by SHRED.

If $100 is too much to get a trem installed, you obviously can't afford a Floyd anyway, so why bother making this topic?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by SHRED.

if you needed to ask what routing was you have no idea how to handle this stuff 100 is an amazing deal to get this work done especailly cause you have to be almost exact most people tell people to buy another guitar over getting one routed because of the cost but that is a great deal and you would be out of atleast 400 asumming you have a mim strat if you screw up
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Also, just so you know, $100 is the 2nd best price I've EVER seen.
Best was $70, and that was from taking a top-mount Floyd Rose and recessing, so it's not the same, since 70% of the work is done already.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
I'm just gonna say what everyone else is saying. If you needed to know what routing is, then you do NOT have enough experience to route it yourself, nor the supplies, or for that matter, probably the skill to do it. It's $125 for the whole thing, quit being a cheapskate and pay Sam Ash their due. It's that or, judging by this topic so far, you can try to do it yourself, fuc.k up like hell and have to pay another $400 for a new strat.

In the end getting Sam Ash to do it is cheaper, so open your bloody wallet and spend the money.

yeah i didn't know what routing was but like i said before i've done stuff similar to this before. as for the budget im getting the floyd dirt cheap and theres no way im spending a 100 you dont know my financial situation so shut the hell up. just because YOU cant do it doesn't mean i can't. ill take pics and post it when im finished you ****in negative creeps.
We never said we couldnt do it, but now that you say that, i cant do it, i would take it to a professional.

We arent being negative, were just trying to help you out.

Have fun ****ing up your guitar.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by SHRED.
yeah i didn't know what routing was but like i said before i've done stuff similar to this before. as for the budget im getting the floyd dirt cheap and theres no way im spending a 100 you dont know my financial situation so shut the hell up. just because YOU cant do it doesn't mean i can't. ill take pics and post it when im finished you ****in negative creeps.
13 year olds know everything
Quote by SHRED.

"Stuff similar to this before" =/= Floyd Rose routing

Also, if you can't spend $100 on guitar parts because of your financial situation (instead of say, being, an unemployed teen, like myself), you probably shouldn't be making any mods to your guitar, because it's gonna cost a LOT more than $100 when you **** up, big time.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
dude, the measurements have to be exact to the hundredth or thousandth of an inch. thers no way ur gonna be able to do it without some serious tools. if you screw up by even just a little bit, ur guitar wont play in tune and its gonna take some serious money to fill the holes and redo it by a professional. plus you gotta install the nut and that's even harder.
How is anyone being a creep?
Guess what? It's not easy. I doubt you could do it yourself and have the same results as a professional at Samash would.
You have no budget, yet you wont pay $100 to Samash to get it done by a professional? Troll.

Yeah, we don't know your financial situation, but you said that you don't have a budget. So I think we know you have the money.
Weekend Warrior
Not to mention, you'll be paying more than $100 to have the tools to use.
change it if you really want. Just note if you are modding a strat with FR, you'll lose sustain. Why do you think Ibanez/ jackson superstrats are longer bodywise?
Dude, IDK what these guys are talking about...they don't know you, or your skills with this type of stuff...go for it bro. Good luck!
*waits for the "I ****ed up my guitar, how do I fix it?" thread*
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
^

I'm again just gonna say what everyone else is; your going to end up spending a lot more than $100 if you do it yourself. Have you removed and applied finish, removed a small piece of wood exact to the last bit of sawdust? If you answer no to either, your gonna kill your strat. Please just get Sam Ash to do it; they'll do good work, and it should be a crime to ruin a guitar with such a pretty and discontinued finish as Agave Blue. (I should know, I have one in that finish myself)