So, we've got Battle of the Bands tonght, we're playing three Rage songs
All the other bands are playing general "rock" songs, so we should be a good change of pace.
We've encountered some problems with the administration; our name is "Channel Four News Team", abbrieviated C4NT (looks like cu nt), and we put this on posters and t-shirts, so several teachers have told us to take them off.
But we are fighting the man

Any tips on BotB, or similer stories?
It looks more like CANT not that...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i dont jave any tips or stories,just wanted to say good luck
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Do a "Muse" and destroy all your stuff, loss, but then get signed and go on to release several albums and have global success... or end up lossing and not gettin all that stuff....

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
mine and mullet boys band won the battle! and got peoples choice award
Quote by Kensai
Rape... it's the only way a ginger will get laid.
Make sure you've got backup cables/strings and maybe a backup guitar or two.

Good luck man! Make sure to follow up and let us know how it went!
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
what ever u do do not start to play jump and only play the keyboard intro
a band did this at my school and people felt ripped off (i was also outraged but with held my self from yelling it out)
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Tenacious D'er
Do a "Muse" and destroy all your stuff, loss, but then get signed and go on to release several albums and have global success... or end up lossing and not gettin all that stuff....

You mean a "the Who" or a "Jimi Hendrix" or a "Nirvana" right? The Muse simply jumped on the bandwagon that Nirvana jumped on after the Who and Hendrix basically invented it in the mid 60's.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
You mean a "the Who" or a "Jimi Hendrix" or a "Nirvana" right? The Muse simply jumped on the bandwagon that Nirvana jumped on after the Who and Hendrix basically invented it in the mid 60's.

The Who ripped it off of Hendrix, anyway.
Do the thing where you stand naked with tape over your mouths blasting feedback at the end of your set.
Quote by Spamwise

Whenever I see your avatar I get sad thinking about how we all worked so hard for Avery and then we were abandoned by Pinky19. No pics, no info, no magazine cover scanned...

Our labor was in vain.
Quote by Spamwise

They were both brilliant, though.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Whenever I see your avatar I get sad thinking about how we all worked so hard for Avery and then we were abandoned by Pinky19. No pics, no info, no magazine cover scanned...

Our labor was in vain.

Yeah, I know, but I always think of little Avery in his bunk bed, and all is better.

They were both brilliant, though.

definitely.
Yupp, as Cmagg said (he is the bassist), we won the battle, and got the "Fan's Choice Award".
I didn't think we were that much better than the other bands, but everybody said we were really good.
We'll have to do it again next year
Make sure you do a proper sound check. Bad sound can ruin the gig for you and the audience. Try and move on stage if it doesn't compromise your playing, cuz people are coming to see a show, not you guys play lifelessly on stage. Good luck dooood

*wait wtf?! you won already!? damnit. i spent all that time pretending to be helpful. screw you, man. screw YOU
Quote by Artemisery
Rofl. thats sweet :P totally unintentional dirtiness, it rules

Quote by Artemisery
So is playing live :P haha i wish i was good enough

Ah! ah! AHHH! DOUBLE POST!

TS, just jam, and don't piss off any judges if there are any.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Isn't a battle of the bands more for original songs, not covers?

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Make sure all guitars are tuned.
Make sure the guitar is actually heard, vocals too.
like someone else said, Backup cables, picks, etc.
thats always good.

Best of luck.. unless you already did the whole BotB

The band I used to be in played a Battle of the Bands back in March, took 1st place in the student category, and got 300$

Alternative Spankings FTW!!!!

Again, good luck.
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I was in battle of the bands at our school before. We did Seven Nation Army, wasn't really my pick but hell I had a fun time doing it. I did vocals while another friend did drums and another friend did guitar. Man it was so bad ass. But we lost to some newbs doing American Idiot songs. So of course we lost because all the preps in this school were all like "OMFG GREEN DAY!!! OMFG!!! YAY!!!"
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| I LIKE PURPLE|||||||||||||||||

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by NoochiePoochie
I was in battle of the bands at our school before. We did Seven Nation Army, wasn't really my pick but hell I had a fun time doing it. I did vocals while another friend did drums and another friend did guitar. Man it was so bad ass. But we lost to some newbs doing American Idiot songs. So of course we lost because all the preps in this school were all like "OMFG GREEN DAY!!! OMFG!!! YAY!!!"

^That was the highlight of junior high for me.

We gotta do it again, sometime.
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Hahaha, don't hate me Edcore.
Yeah, there were some problems, because most of the tech crew are dumbasses... during our first song, my guitar was super quiet, and I could barely hear myself out of the monitors the enitre time.
But, everybody loved it, our singer was great, he is an amazing crowd-pleaser, and everybody on stage was moving around, unlike the other bands; I think that was what helped us, because we really got the crowd going.
lets not forget about my insane dancing...
Quote by Kensai
Rape... it's the only way a ginger will get laid.
Ages ago, with my old band, we played a BotB gig.

They fucked my amp up, and nobody had my bassist's mic on.

Needless to say, a band you can't hear doesn't win.