Everyone and their mom are fans of this band nowadays. I don't know how that came about....
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I first started listening to them about 8 years ago. I only knew of me and 3 or 4 of my friends that liked them. Now I mention them around and most real metalheads seem to know of them.

It's probably due to the fact that black metal has become trendy and you have all these core kids trying to fit in by name dropping the most obscure band they can find.
hmmm i believe many many years ago we had a poll about this band and we decided they are the most boring metal band ever
My sig is better than yours
Quote by nebiru
It's probably due to the fact that black metal has become trendy and you have all these core kids trying to fit in by name dropping the most obscure band they can find.

I'm going to create a black metal band so kvlt that no one will know about it. I'll make a myspace and set it to private, make 10 friends and then delete it. I'll then tell all my friends about the new demo coming out but I'll only make a rough demo of one of the tracks available on the internet. I'll call it something cool. Something like...Nagrith Farelm or something of that nature. That'll be the band to listen to.

EDIT: On topic, though, I've never heard of this band.
Quote by Snyper
hmmm i believe many many years ago we had a poll about this band and we decided they are the most boring metal band ever

Blasphemy!!!

While Barathrum are very simplistic they are still badass.
I just listened to them and I have to say they got pretty uninteresting pretty fast. The songs themselves weren't bad, but they all had the same sort of slow, "sunday stroll" pacing throughout.
Barathrum are intentionally slow and simple. Sova is a legendary drunk and has things his way. It's not for everyone and rightfully so.

They paved the way with their 2 bass assault and then 3 bass assault for a brief period.

I think its killer that in a time of stagnant bullshit where everyone copied everyone else Sova had the balls to go his own route.
well i just checked them out because of this topic, n i'm bored sick, i can't see/hear anything different than i've already heard from a lot of other poor bands, boring riffs, crap singer..... can see y there still pretty unheard of after so long.

Check out Hacride, pretty unheard of french band, pure talent throughout the group
try youtube for songs like "perturbed", "fate", "strength", "cold", "zambra"
Learning scales?
I've got: (tabbed in pro)
Major Scale, Pentatonic Major Scale
Quote by nebiru
Barathrum are intentionally slow and simple. Sova is a legendary drunk and has things his way. It's not for everyone and rightfully so.

They paved the way with their 2 bass assault and then 3 bass assault for a brief period.

I think its killer that in a time of stagnant bullshit where everyone copied everyone else Sova had the balls to go his own route.

i only found out the other day that theyd got 2 bassists. pretty cool. love the sound