I'm looking for a Distortion to buy Online from GC. I'm going to be running it on my Clean Channel for a over the top Uber Brootalz but good sounding Tube like Distortion. Budget $150 or so the Cheaper the better since I'm hoping to maybe get a MXR Dyna Comp too. Please see SIG for other gear.
Do a search, this topic is done again and again. They're going to tell you Metal Muff, Metal Zone, ect.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Quote by fingers3579
Led zeppelin but when i cover their songs i like a lot more gain

Dont jack my Thread!
whats wrong with your B-52's distortion? i think you should trade it in for an amp that you like more instead of using a distortion pedal on an amp thats designed for high gain...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
whats wrong with your B-52's distortion? i think you should trade it in for an amp that you like more instead of using a distortion pedal on an amp thats designed for high gain...

I understand what your saying but knowone understands what I'm asking. My B-52 handles my type of music well (Thrash Rythm,tight,compressed Tone) but what I'm looking for is really just a 3rd channel on my amp for Uber Brootal crap like Nile, Job for a Cowboy and Lamb of God. The B-52 has Thrash Gain but not Death Metal Gain. So I'm thinking a good pedal on my Clean Channel will do the trick.
have you tried boosting the amps thrash-territory gain into death-territory gain using your overdrive pedal?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
have you tried boosting the amps thrash-territory gain into death-territory gain using your overdrive pedal?

Yeah I've tried and the Maxon OD-9 is a beast. It just makes it sound like thick saturated Thrash Metal.
Well a distortion channel works best run on a clean channel.

If you try and boost an already dimed lead channelwith a distortion pedal, all youll get is crazy feedback and noise.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
Well a distortion channel works best run on a clean channel.

If you try and boost an already dimed lead channelwith a distortion pedal, all youll get is crazy feedback and noise.

well no im talking about OD pedals, not distortion pedals. and who said the lead channel would be dimed? when i play through tube amps and od pedals, i turn the gain on the overdrive pedal all the way down so i just get a little more dirt, and turn the amps gain to about 4 or 5. the sound is really tight compared to having the amps gain at 6 or 7 without the overdrive.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand