Hi guys ,

Need some help here.

I am planning to buy a new guitar and I pretty much narrowed it down to :

Fender strat classic 50s series ( with the surf colours )

&

Fender Baja telecaster

Im doubting between those two , because they have both the V neck wich plays very nice imo.

But I want to know which one is gonna be the most versatile since it will be my only guitar I will have ( I selled the other two I had , now atm im guitarless )

My amp is an Orange rocker 30 Combo so I'm pretty much settles with that

Influences / genres / music I play :

Rock , Hardrock , indie , blues , jazz , pop , and Metallica ( thats the far as metal I go)
Bands I like : pearl jam , foo fighters , led zep , the who , acdc , my morning jacket , black keys , airbourne , tom petty , metallica , rhcp , gnr , ...etc etc

Help me out guys , Im heading tomorrow to the store

Thanks
The Strat will be more versatile unless you swap the Tele's bridge pickup.

/thread.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
The Strat unless you swap the Tele's bridge pickup.

/thread.

+1

Yeah. Strat, for sure. Switch the bridge out though, maybe. Get a humbucker in there or something.
Yep strat... love the "v" neck...
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
is this a serious question. you actually need help deciding between a telecaster and a strat
Really ?

I thought the Baja would be more versatile with the 4 way switch + the S1 pull knob ...
Hmmm , this makes it even harder because I thought most would recomment me the Baja
I'm gonna have to dissent and say get the tele. EVERYBODY has got strats, don't you wanna stand out more? Get the tele and but a 'bucker in the bridge.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
I'm gonna have to dissent and say get the tele. EVERYBODY has got strats, don't you wanna stand out more? Get the tele and but a 'bucker in the bridge.

Thats gonna be hard with the special wiring in the tele , its with serie / parrarel pusch pull things and what not
this is biased because I love my tele but I would still say strat except you said indie blues jazz and pop, a lot of indie and pop-rock bands are using teles nowadays and they are great for blues and jazz. Just try both out and see which one feels best to you
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
The S1 system sucks. Don't base your decision on buying a guitar on that, please.

Although if you find you don't like it, like I did, you can always just leave it off I suppose. Just don't let something so minimal be a determining factor in why NOT to get another guitar.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
^ I was more leaning towards the tele because I thought it would be more versatile , guess I was wrong , anyway I think the differents are nog gonna be so huge, I probably gonna get the sound out of both of 'em.

Tommorow again testing then ... I dont know ,a tele is like cooler then a strat
I think Teles look cooler then strats, sound wise I don't really know.

I got to briefly try my guitar teachers 66 Tele, it was pretty awesome , the only I strat I've ever tried was a squire...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Strat, 'nuff said
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by strat0blaster
The S1 system sucks. Don't base your decision on buying a guitar on that, please.

i bought an american deluxe strat and i didnt find out about the s-1 system until my dad (who is not a musician, just some bald guy with glasses) that there was a button on it. i was excited woohoo versatility!

guess what the s-1 switch doesnt get you new tones it just opens up another way to use the same tones

that wasnt that clear so i'll explain

basically with the s-1 on and in the bridge position
it is exactly the same as having it in between the bridge and middle position. both activate the middle and bridge pickup

its a marketing scheme

http://www.fender.com/products/s1/pdf/AmericanDeluxeStratSSS010-1200.pdf

it actually turns it into an hsh like strat now that i look at the diagram more closely

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117

basically with the s-1 on and in the bridge position
it is exactly the same as having it in between the bridge and middle position. both activate the middle and bridge pickup

its a marketing scheme

Exactly. Money waster.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you