I got my electric in like May of last year and my strings are finally going out of tune. Now I'm not sure what brand or type of strings to get. I mostly play punk and alternative songs with power chords and stuff like that so \what type of strings should I get in order to produce the right sound?
ernie ball s are great !
or try d'addario also great they stay in tune very good and dont break very fast

short tip if you play often you should change your string s not only every year...
UlTiMaTe
fuckin'
GuItAr

hello from welschingen (germany)

bee my Rock'n'Roll queen!!
Quote by Jacobjc
I got my electric in like May of last year and my strings are finally going out of tune. Now I'm not sure what brand or type of strings to get. I mostly play punk and alternative songs with power chords and stuff like that so \what type of strings should I get in order to produce the right sound?

Any strings that feel comfortable.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i just put some D'addario's on, they're a pretty good choice, and a hell of a lot cheaper than coated strings
i hate d'addario

i prefer elixir or blue steel.
or ernie ball, they have a great tone but the don't last too long.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Last edited by magnum1117 at Nov 13, 2008,
I use Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies and they are awsome. I play mostly metal, some hard rock and a few clean stuffs.
You already have the best inexpensive strings listed...Earnie Ball & D'Adarrio. You might want to change your strings out more often. New strings sound so much better once you get them stretched out. Buy in bulk over Musicians Friend or other Internet warehouse.
Guitar & Bass
Quote by Silent_Crow13
Dean Markley Blue Steel is what I use there pretty good.

Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
ernie ball is what i use because they got a very nice/warm tone
but d'addario string are good too, they last longer and have a brighter sound than ernie balls
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
I use d'addario and they're pretty good, i just need to find a gauge i like, i'm not thrilled with my tens
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
How the hell did your strings last that long! I end up changing mine like once a month. I'd go either EB or Elixir.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
I like Dr title fit ,or extra life. Dimebag used them and hes like a god with his squeels and then never go out of tune.
from my experience ernie ball strings are the best bang for buck. it doesnt matter too much though.