Ive got about $570 and Ive decided that i would buy the fender pro junior guitar tube combo amp and i need some pedals to go with it!!!

I think i can afford like 2 pedals but i need a pedalboard a small cheep ass one which is like $75

anyway!!! i am here to ask what kind of od/distortion pedals would go great with this amp?

i play rock hard rock,classic rock metal stuff like metallica,megadeth,nirvana,gunsnroses,velvet revolver,greenday etc.
What is your budget for the pedals exactly? What guitar are you using? Is there anything you want besides an OD/distortion?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
go for the blues jr man. the reverb is what makes fender fender
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
don't get a board. with 2 pedals you won't need it and you'll have to put in more money to get everything wired the way you want it. Hold off on the board. Put the money into pedals. Lok at the vox satchurator. I've read and listened to some reviews and this thing sounds amazing
You don't need a pedal board for only 2 pedals. Why do you want that amp if you're already planning on buying pedals to change it's sound?

edit: Pedal boards are used so that you can have AC power to all your pedals and ditch the 9V batts, and so that you can move them all easily. You connect them together with patch cables, on or off a board.
Last edited by Blaster Bob at Nov 13, 2008,
cables.... sounds like you need to do some more research. how long have you been playing
well ive been playing a year but i am new to pedals lol how many cabels do i need for 2 pedals into my amp and guitar?
You don't need a pedal board in order to use pedals, you just need patch cables to go between the pedals (you would need these even if you had a pedal board) so skip the pedal board for now. What kind of music do you plan on playing most of the time? If it's rock and metal you should go for a different amp.

Quote by Powerstrike
well ive been playing a year but i am new to pedals lol how many cabels do i need for 2 pedals into my amp and guitar?

You would need one from the guitar to the first pedal, one between the two pedals and one to go from the second pedal to the amp.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
think about it. You play guitar, you're smarter than most. Also a word of advise, put most of your money into the amp. Most amps have a gain switch so that's were you can get some good overdrive from especially from your humbuckers. Listen to paddict and get the blues junior. Also look on craigs list. I got my amp form there 200 for an all tube 15 watt. Not a bad deal
No offense... but why would you buy a Pro Junior if you have $570 to spend and play stuff that the amp can't handle by itself?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
soo a fender blues jr with the vox satchurator pedal is that good?i was thinkin about that

i play all types of rock and occasionally megadeth and metallica
Listen to the other people posting, you might not want to hear it but the Fender isn't going to do what you want it to. You're better off putting all of your money into an amp that way you won't have to buy pedals to get the sound you want and it will sound better anyway.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by Powerstrike
soo a fender blues jr with the vox satchurator pedal is that good?i was thinkin about that

I really think you should be looking at something else.

Maybe a Peavey Classic 30 or Valveking. Either one would suit your needs much better than the Fender imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
ok, i would get an amp now and worry about pedals later, I've been playing for 7 years and I have one pedal that a friend is loaning me. Thats all I need, and half the tim ei never use it. Im able to get the distortion i need from the gain on the amp
ugh do any of those amps come with footswitches cause i wanna be able to switch from clean to dist btw.. if u say the fender wont fit my needs then what will..
You could get a Peavey Classic 30 or a Valveking, they both can have footswitches and they will both do rock and metal MUCH better than a Fender will.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by Powerstrike
ugh do any of those amps come with footswitches cause i wanna be able to switch from clean to dist btw.. if u say the fender wont fit my needs then what will..

Yes, both are two channel amps and would be much better for you than anything Fender makes imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
i cant afford the peavey classic 30 but i can afford valveking however people tell me the valvekings suck distortionwise
Yeah I agree, The valveking is the way I would go, but do some research before you do anything. read reviews and watch reviews on youtube to see if its what you want
wut pedal should i get with the valveking since i can afford one?
i want a good hard rock/metal tone
well the valveking is only 420 on musiciansfriend so that leaves what 150 left over if you want to get anything else.
what have you had a chance to play in terms of pedals. Check out a tubescreamer or the satchurator maybe a metal muff but i don't have much experience with them
ya i want a pedal to go with it that is pretty decent, tell me in your 7 years of playing what pedal works the best with megadeth tones/metallica or hard rock tones?
Honestly idk. Like I said I never really messed with pedals because I didn't need them. I did however ask my roommate who's a pedal ***** and the tubescreamer is a good generic distortion pedal to have. When its setup properly you can get the sounds you're looking for but it can also do a lot of other stuff. Lots of versatility. Some of there sound does have to do with the pickups as well as the guitar. You have to take all that into account when trying to emulate a sound. But if it were me tubscreamer. I've played it and I liked it, but I'm holding out for the satchurator when I get the money. I'm really into the satch's tone and style of playing
i see i see what do u think about the crate v50 with the ts9 tube screamer and a compression pedal combined?
Have you played the v50? Get what you like. Go play it and then if you like it buy it. Thats my advise. I can't really give you advise on what to buy because I've never heard you play and I don't really know what this is going to be used for. I.E gigging, possible band, just goofing around
Last edited by wjhender at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by Powerstrike

I have the Satchurator... Little play time with it, but for Metallica/Megadeth tone you have to crank it almost to the max gain setting. For solos, you still have the "more" switch which will make it cut.

Now the pedal is designed to go into the CLEAN channel of whatever amp you choose. But a Fender for Metal??

Probably a Metal Muff would be better suited for heavy styles of playing.

What sets the Satchurator apart is that is very flexible style wise... not as much tone wise as it has its own color. But it can cover a lot of ground inside blues-rock-light and old school metal.

As someone mentioned, you would also have to determinate what style of music do you play the most at so you can choose gear accordingly. Single coils will have it harder to cope with metal and the distortion and gain for metal requires high output pickups.

But then high output pick ups may be too hot for other styles you play and so on...
Wow there is a lot of not so good info in this thread right now. The TS9 is an overdrive, not a distortion pedal. It will help add gain to your amp but it WILL NOT give you metal distortion on it's own.

TS, you should really get the mindset that your distortion should come from your AMP not PEDALS because your amp's distortion will sound much better than a pedal's. If you're going to use a pedal to help your distortion, then the TS9 is a good overdrive to use, it will help tighten up your sound and add some gain.

Also, why do you want a compressor?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Why powerstrike,why? Stop making all these thread, go try some amps and then comeback.

O, btw, don't get a fender for metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
you know if you go used you could get something that will suit your needs very well.

Right now you can get
B-52 AT-112
Peavey Valveking with a Speaker and tube swap

Save up a little more you could get
Bugera 6260
Randall RG50TC

Right now, you could get a great amplifier used

Used Mesa Dc-2
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa F-30
Used Peavey 5150
Used Peavey Ultra
Used Peavey XXX

Check your local craiglsist for more used gear
If you won't go used, go with the B-52
Oh thank god, some people with real help. I was starting to lose faith in UG.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Yet again, H2H comes in with the used metal amp domination. +1
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not