Hi everyone since my ibanez is getting a bit old i have thoughts on buying a new guitar. I dont want anything more than 1000 dollars. I want a guitar with good pickups like seymour duncan. dont want actives cos i use processor not a tube amp. I also dont want a floyd rose. What guitar can you recommend me? I play metal, mostly melodic death and some neoclassic and shred stuff.
I just bought a Schecter Hellraiser 7-string on e-bay yesterday. You can get new for $750 or used for $500-$600. It has stock EMG's and looks great. You don't have to keep re-tuning to play drop C or even B because of the extra string....perfect for heavy anything.
Guitar & Bass
Your Ibanez is getting old, and thats a bad thing? Look into the LTD line-up(MH-1000, ec400, F400, V500, H500) they have nice passives, are non trem, and fit your price range. Also maybe a Gibson Flying V. The Schecters are good(so I hear, never played one) but most of the ones I've seen have EMG actives in them.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Lite-Ash-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo?sku=511337

Less than $1,000, passive pickups, Seymour Duncans, I believe this is along the lines of what you asked for.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
@Hosscat: I want a 6 string
@Danitarium: Ibanez getting old is bad cos tuners sux switches sux its a cheap guitar.
@necrosis: I dont think i can play metal with single coils and i dont like fenders.
Quote by blind.quardian
I dont think i can play metal with single coils and i dont like fenders.

Iron Maiden. All Fender users. That and I play some on my strats bridge pickup, and the pickups in the Lite Ash are much better. As for why you don't like Fenders, can I ask why?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I dont like it because of the shape and most of the fenders looks like cheap squiers. Also is a fender good for playing Melodic death metal?? I will also play stuff like In Flames so that would be kinda hard wouldnt it. Iron Maiden uses it but its not really heavy heavy metal....
My schecter c-1+ makes me very happy. It's well under your budget, so you can use the remaining money to upgrade it. So far this is what I've done to mine:

Switched the stock pups for a SD JB/Jazz combo
changed the tuners for planet waves locking tuners
had a bone nut installed

What I plan to do still:
Change pickup rings (they come with fairly cheap plastic ones)
switch out push/pull pot for something more exciting
who knows what else?
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
maybe a Gibson Flying V. 6 strings, not a fender, light, thin enough neck to shred
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
If you want a thin neck, Ibanez RG fixed.

If you want a neck like a baseball bat, Schecter something.
Lol nothing like a baseball bat for sure xD Since i cant really find what i want with fixed bridge maybe i should go for a guitar with floyd rose.... Is it really a big problem to have a fr system on your guitar..?
Well if you arent going to use the FR, and if change the tunning dailiy (or even weekly for that matter) you better not get it. Floyds are a bitch to retune because you have to have to adjust the sprigs in the back to match the string tension. Hell, is even a bitch to just tune up. So if you arent going to use it, dont buy it. As far as i know ibanez has a RG line without the FR, google it up. Also, if the only thing on your old ibanez is the tuners, you can esily replace them.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Yea ok i can look at that ibanez rg series with no fr. and for my guitar its not only tuners. its just a cheap guitar and hard to tell but its just old and it doesnt give much energy to me if you understand what i mean. anyway what other guitars are out there which has ibanez-like neck hard tail and with seymour duncans?