hey, so im looking to replace the pickups in my ibanez s520ex
I was thinking about putting a dimarzio d-activator in the bridge and a paf pro in the neck.

i really love the open sounding high gain paf on some joe satriani sig guitar
the d-activator i played through on an ibanez iceman and it sounded awesome in the bridge, not my favorite in the neck.

would these two be a good pair? my main concern is the difference in power between the two

and don't tell me "save money get new amp". im working on it.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Save money and get a new amp, there's absolutely no point upgrading pickups yet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by impeachpedro10
and don't tell me "save money get new amp". im working on it.

Obviously not hard enough if you're going to spend money you could spend on a new amp on pickups.

Save the money and buy a new amp when you can, upgrading pickups would be a waste.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by impeachpedro10
would these two be a good pair? my main concern is the difference in power between the two

The neck pickup HAS to be lower powered than the bridge pickup so it's not obscenely louder than the bridge pickup. The vibration of the string towards the neck is a LOT stronger than at the bridge. Therefore: Good combo IMO
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
they are going to be christmas/brithday present for your information, hence why i asked don't tell me to save and get a new amp.
i'm saving for some form of high gain american voiced tube amp this spring, working on recto, 6505, XXX, havent decided yet.

thank you shinozoku, you've been very helpful. any other thoughts on the *pickups*?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Ive never tried the D-Activator, but the PAF Pro in the neck is amazing.

Like seriously ive never had any shred of doubt in the tone, whereas with my other Dimarzios there has been little nuances im trying to fix.

Its a great basic pickup because it can really work for ANYTHING.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by impeachpedro10
they are going to be christmas/brithday present for your information, hence why i asked don't tell me to save and get a new amp.
i'm saving for some form of high gain american voiced tube amp this spring, working on recto, 6505, XXX, havent decided yet.

thank you shinozoku, you've been very helpful. any other thoughts on the *pickups*?

Well, you won't really know what 'to fix' before getting your amp...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Well, you won't really know what 'to fix' before getting your amp...

Dude, the stock Ibanez pickups suck. The new DiMarzios will definitely be an improvement once he gets said new amplifier. Until then, he can at least get more clarity through his current amp.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Paf Pro rocks end of story, but I wonder if the tonal differences between the D-Activator and the Paf might make them hard to use effectively. Their whole vibe is just worlds apart, paf is for sure a hotrodded vintage sound and the D-Activator is a hyper output modern pickup. Just not sure how they will compliment each other.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I've never tried the D-Activator, but my Ibanez has a Tone Zone and PAF Pro in it and the combination sounds amazing.

Setup the 5-way to split both on the 2nd position and put the neck in parallel on the 4th position and you'll be in tonal heaven
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com