I am wanting to get a fender telecaster and I was deciding between either the fender lite ash telecaster or the standard MIM. Weight is a big deal to me and I was wondering which one is weighs less?
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
I'm not positive, but I think Ash is a lighter wood, so probably Ash. I have a MIM alder strat though, and, while the tele is more wood overall, my strat isn't all that heavy really, so it probably wouldn't be more than half a pound to a pound of difference.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
well i mean how heavey is heavey

they are pretty light in comparison to something like a lp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I have played both and the Lite ash is much lighter and has better pickups
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
lite ash would be lighter...maybe you should pick up the weights
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
There's a couple of different kinds of Ash, but the one they use should be lighter than the alder in their standard bodies, so if weight is a real issue for you, go with the ash.

Be aware though that it's not just weight that differs. Ash has a brighter tone than alder, and especially on a guitar like a Telecaster that is already a very bright sounding instrument, it may be wiser to go with alder instead.

And also, it's not a huge weight difference. You might find the ash-bodied Tele is half a pound lighter, maybe a full pound at most, but in the long term it's not worth buying a guitar just for a tiny weight difference like that. Play them both, find which one feels and sounds best to you, then go with that, regardless of which wood it's made of.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Should be about the same unless its an older standard that was made of poplar. I had one and it was about 9 pounds. The new MIM standards are made of alder so they should be a little lighter. My 60's reissue is alder and it weighs just over 7 pounds. But keep in mind they all vary a little bit. The light ash I tried at the guitar shop wasn't any lighter.
fender classic 60's reissue telecaster
2008 MIJ paisley telecaster
fender superchamp xd
1978 fender super twin reverb
roland microcube
boss ce-2 chorus(MIJ)
lite ash is lighter, and better.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^