I know this is almost impossible but I need to know if there is a good quality amp out there with about 50 to 100 watts of power and about 300 dollars or less.
Crate V50

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by alexjulia
save up and buy a crate halfstack. you wont regret it.

meh, why haul a half stack around when you can easily carry a combo that will be just the same...

seriously look at the V50, I love mine and it roars

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Ok, lots of fail. First off, you don't need 50w to gig. 30w tube will be plenty. Second, I don't think I've ever heard a good sounding crate halfstack. Unless someone made a halfstack ouut of the V33. And third, the V series are rock and blues amps. Definetly not metal. I suggest looking at a used Roland Cube 60 or even a used valveking. Save up a little more. At about 500, there are some amazing amps for metal.
For metal <$300 you may wish to look at either a Peavey Vypyr 75w or a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT. If you save a bit more you could get a Randall RG50TC, a used Peavey Valveking (actually you might be able to find one on your current budget) or a B-52 AT112.

The VK will get up to thrash on its own while the other two options can do modern metal.

An OD pedal will help the VK get farther into modern metal but I've seen people do it without one...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by alexjulia
save up and buy a crate halfstack. you wont regret it.

nice throw into the joke pot.

some people just don't get anything.....
youre going to need more cash man. what type of metal are we talking about here? (what i like to call) classic metal like maiden, priest, sabbath, thrash like metallica, megadeth, slayer, or more modern stuff? that is really going to help us decide on what amp would be best with you.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
then the V series isnt what you want. just arent quite voiced modernly. idk about the V50. I might try and get to GC and try it out tomarrow actually.

what about budget? is 300 your max? and are you gigging?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
For modern and thrash, you're gonna have to save up if you want a good gigging amp until you can afford a Randall RG50TC or whatever Bugera anyone with more knowledge of them recommends.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
For modern and thrash, you're gonna have to save up if you want a good gigging amp until you can afford a Randall RG50TC or whatever Bugera anyone with more knowledge of them recommends.

Thats a good call and prolly what I was going to recommend along with a B-52 AT 1X12 combo.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Raijouta
Bugera AT112.

Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Realistically, I see no reason for someone having more than 30 watts of tube power.

Getting my crate V18 made me realize this.
I think I'm gonna go with the Peavy Vypyr, leaving me with dirt poor and not enough money to buy anything. Now I'm gonna have to work my ass off to raise enough money to get studio sessions, a better guitar, and Ramen noodles ...It feels good to be a musician.