So I'm looking for a new guitar and had my eyes on the ESP LTD EX-400, i really like the feel and the explorer shapes but its a very metal/intense looking guitar, which i like. But i was wondering if there were any really nice explorer shapes besides epi/gibson that were nice. I've seen deans and hamers but I'm thinking something like 600-650 USD ish with similar specs to the EX400.

Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Last edited by JWD32792 at Nov 13, 2008,
fixed ^^
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Jackson Ke 3
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
^damn, beat me to it.

Jackson KE3.
Or for something less "metal," Get the Epi. Almost every non-Gibby/Epi Explorer shape is made for Br00tAlZ.
Yeah i just wasnt really a fan of the epi when tried it, do you guys think the white version of the ex400 looks overly metal or is it a little more mildly so. I like it I'm just worried incase my playing style changes in the next year or so
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I'm trying to stay away from FR's because I change tunings a lot but I'll check out the ghosts EDIT: Well they all have FR's, darn
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
When I saw the thread title I was actually thinking the SUV... I had one. It was great except it got the worst gas mileage of any [non commercial] vehicle I've ever heard of, 12mpg.

Anyway, to be on topic, I would definitely explore (pun very much intended) non-Gibson explorer options. Save yourself a whole lot of cash.
Madrigal, thats what I posted, except different color.
JWD, do you plan on using different tunings a lot?
EDIT: Though the white IS sexy.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Last edited by Jango22 at Nov 13, 2008,
Il ike the ltd ex400 its great, You can try the gibson version "real explorer" or a Jackson kelly for a more future faster explorer.
the ghost7 has... all the specs i was looking for! explorer body.. 25.5 scale and most important of all (to me), 24 frets!