i kno this is a stupid question, but i wanna try practicing with a metronome so how do u work with a metronome? >.< also can any1 give me some scales to start with?
major and minor scales, pentatonic scales chromatic scales. basically you set the metronome to a certain beat and every time you hear a click or see the light you play the note in the scale u want ot play.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
In musical terms, each tick on a metronome represents one beat. There are 4 beats in every meaure of music. Note wise, you can have whole notes (notes that last one whole measure), half notes (two notes per measure), quarter notes (four notes per measure), 8th notes, 16th notes, 32nd notes, and so on. You can also combine them, so for instance you could have 2 quarter notes and one half note in a measure, or four 8th notes and two quarter notes. It all depends on how you want to do it. Starting out I'd suggest sticking to half or quarter notes, as they're easier to keep in time.

As far as scales, you can't go wrong starting out with the blues scale or one of the pentatonics (major or minor).
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
and if you want to play faster, don't set the metronome faster, just play twice every beat or more for however fast you want.
Quote by Garou1911
There are 4 beats in every meaure of music.

If you're playing something with 4 beats per measure. If you're playing 2/4, then there are 2 beats per measure, and each beat is a quarter note.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by maninthebox24
If you're playing something with 4 beats per measure. If you're playing 2/4, then there are 2 beats per measure, and each beat is a quarter note.

Very true. I was trying to keep it simple, but yeah, it depends on the time signature. You can have 4/4, 2/4, 3/4, 3/3, etc. For a stark beginner however, it's easier to stick to the concept of 4/4 since a majority of the music you'll encounter starting out is written for it.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play