So me and my band have practice tomorrow but we're missing an amp for singing. Is there a program I can use on my computer for my singer to use so she can sing through the computer live and with no delay? If so please refer me asap. Ty
Quote by paquiquinho
So me and my band have practice tomorrow but we're missing an amp for singing. Is there a program I can use on my computer for my singer to use so she can sing through the computer live and with no delay? If so please refer me asap. Ty

If u don't have an audio interface with ASIO driver, you will get delay. However, you can plug in the mic on ur computer, and turn the mic volume on both the recording and hearing side of the windows volume control (speaker in bottom right corner) And the sound will play directly over ur speakers.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
tell her to sing with her diaphragm. :P i seem to be able to keep a volume at almost jam level when singing that way. otherwise, no there really isn't. and chances are that unless you have an awesomely loud sound setup on your computer then those little speakers won't matter even if you were using them
I have a pretty good soud system and with drums there's no way we're playing Highway to Hell without a mic. lol
Quote by paquiquinho
I have a pretty good soud system and with drums there's no way we're playing Highway to Hell without a mic. lol

Try to get a guitar or bass amp somewhere, and plug the mic into it.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
That's what we've been doing but we're missing an amp tomorrow. If i were to connect the mic to a bass amp wouldn't it mess the amp?
You can't destroy the amp with a mic in it, cause it's passive. If u keep the gain/volume on the amp no more then 70% it will do.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
You can't destroy the amp with a mic in it, cause it's passive. If u keep the gain/volume on the amp no more then 70% it will do.

Thanks man. My bass player has a 60W amp an as he isn't playing everything yet we can use that one to sing. Thanks a lot. I was afraid to mess he's amp...
^ bass amp might work decently. just no guitar amps, trust me i've destroyed several guitar amps.
Quote by z4twenny
^ bass amp might work decently. just no guitar amps, trust me i've destroyed several guitar amps.

Hmm okay that's weird and that sucks Take what he said and don't plug it in a guitar amp. Another thing learned today

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Keyboard amps are good. Seconded on the 'avoid guitar amp' if you can.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Hopefully your question has been answered. If not, try Riffs and Recording, since that looks like the best place for this.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out