Hey guys, I know this is the pit but you guys know what your talking about when it comes to everyday issues so Im gonna ask you for some help. I have just started to take up acting. I acted for a while when I was younger.

I did some extra work and I did a commercial when I was 6 years old. I live in New York City and Its extremely hard to find an agent and a legit acting school.

A couple of months ago I was asked to be one of the male leads in a movie coming out next year called the winning season but I declined it and it went to connor paolo which if you guys watch gossip girl, you would know who he is.

Anyways, can someone suggest any legit acting schools or atleast an agent in new york city? Thanks in advance
Life is a film, you the film maker
Last edited by ~DeadPoetsNow~ at Nov 13, 2008,
i would have to say no one here that i know of is an actor/actress except you google would be your best friend
edit: just wondering why didnt you take that movie role?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by potcorn56
i would have to say no one here that i know of is an actor/actress except you google would be your best friend
edit: just wondering why didnt you take that movie role?

Im actually in the national guard and I had a prior commitment.
o ok i see i give you a ton of respect for being in the guard my buddy is going to missouri for army boot camp
for the acting thing i have no idea
Quote by nincompoop
Quote by Liam4
the New York Film Academy has an acting programme.

Thanks. Im actually familiar with NYFA but Im looking for something that isnt that much money or something I can do part time. Im saving up to get my headshots really soon and than I need to create my acting resume than I want to find an agent.
http://www.apanewyork.com/

American Talent Management

Barry Katz Entertainment Group

3 different agencies i found off of google since i didnt contribute before
Quote by nincompoop
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
Hey guys, I know this is the pit but you guys know what your talking about when it comes to everyday issues so Im gonna ask you for some help. I have just started to take up acting. I acted for a while when I was younger.

I did some extra work and I did a commercial when I was 6 years old. I live in New York City and Its extremely hard to find an agent and a legit acting school.

A couple of months ago I was asked to be one of the male leads in a movie coming out next year called the winning season but I declined it and it went to connor paolo which if you guys watch gossip girl, you would know who he is.

Anyways, can someone suggest any legit acting schools or atleast an agent in new york city? Thanks in advance

I guess you should not go for agents. Beware.
Quote by ichiefG13
Be a badass and self teach yourself

this, i speak to myself all the time in front of mirrors and act out various scenes, although I may have multiple personality disorder.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all