Just watched this show on Channel 4 (UK), and it really altered my perception of my own life. I never thought I was 'poor' until I watched this show; because I actually was bought up on the same estate as the poor girl on the show.

Anyway...any views or anything? Did it change your opinion of the other end of the wealth divide?

Just thought it would make an interesting conversation...if anyone saw it that is.

Edit: Spare me my life from this monstrosity.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by Twist of fate
He's just a poor boy, nobody loves him?

He's just a poor boy. From a poor family, I think.
I saw the ad a few times, but I was out tonight so I didn't watch it.

I can tell the rich girl is just going to piss me off anyway.
Quote by Twist of fate
He's just a poor boy, nobody loves him?

Because He's easy cum, easy go, Little high, little low?
Quote by InvaderTSN
He's just a poor boy. From a poor family, I think.

Spare him his life from this monstrosity!
i used to think i was poor. but i have more than i need, and i feel bad about feeling that way. just because my parents don't buy me a custom guitar for my birthday, doesn't make me poor. Complaining of it makes me poor of spirit.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I saw the ad a few times, but I was out tonight so I didn't watch it.

I can tell the rich girl is just going to piss me off anyway.

Yeahhh she pissed me off, but I'd still hit that
Quote by Twist of fate
Can he do the Fandango?

I doubt it.

On a side note, does anyone else find thunderbolts and lightning to be very very frightening?
Quote by InvaderTSN
I doubt it.

On a side note, does anyone else find thunderbolts and lightning to be very very frightening?

Oh yes, MAmma mia! downright scary

...I feel like they won't let me go
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

The rich one annoyed me.

But that goes without saying.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I watched about thirty seconds of the rich girl talking and I wanted to punch her for being so ignorant. She was basically explaining how she thought poor people were scummy...

Needless to say I switched channels quickly.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Chen-min
Glaswegian version is better...imo

I don't know what is, but if it's a band that covered it then your opinion is wrong because no one does Queen better than Queen.
Quote by due 07
I watched the trailer on youtube (I live in US) Which one was which?

Black fat girl=Poor
White girl =Rich

Not being a sterotype were they?
Quote by due 07
I watched the trailer on youtube (I live in US) Which one was which?

I just watched the trailer aswell, I thimk angie is the rich one and sarah is the poor one.
i watched the trailer too and i wanted to c unt punt the fat bitch for smacking her ****ing gum, is it too hard for her fat ass to close her mouth while she chews
I watched the whole thing, it sort of had no point what so ever to it. Just another attempt of channel 4 of trying to copy panaroma.
Quote by dylanfg
i hate it when people who are slightly poor make a big deal out of it, they need to get over it and work hard in life instead of wingin about their problems. i dunno if the poor one was cos i dint watch it but stil its annoyin

Troll harder.
Quote by JamMan*
Just watched this show on Channel 4 (UK), and it really altered my perception of my own life. I never thought I was 'poor' until I watched this show;

You have a computer with internet access.You arnt poor.
The rich girl goes to a school in the same foundation as mine, she's been suspended and she's not allowed to come back for sixth form because she made her school look so bad.
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Quote by dwnbowden
The rich girl goes to a school in the same foundation as mine, she's been suspended and she's not allowed to come back for sixth form because she made her school look so bad.

Are you kidding?
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Bohemian Rhapsody, blah, blah...whatever.

On topic: Don't get the show here.
Quote by IDread
I watched about thirty seconds of the rich girl talking and I wanted to punch her for being so ignorant. She was basically explaining how she thought poor people were scummy...

Needless to say I switched channels quickly.

Then you should have watched the whole thing, because the actually turned out to be really nice; she'd just had pretty awful parents - the ultra-snobby and stuffy types - and it was good to see how well she turned out.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Anyone else think the poor girl sounds like Keisha from Bromwell High
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Meh. Plenty of 'poor' people have a bigger TV than me. In many cases, it's not that they don't have enough money; it's that they choose to spend what they have on booze/fags/tellys etc.
My 21" CRT works fine, I'd rather buy better food than pay £500 for a big ass flat screen.
Quote by MightyAl
Meh. Plenty of 'poor' people have a bigger TV than me. In many cases, it's not that they don't have enough money; it's that they choose to spend what they have on booze/fags/tellys etc.
My 21" CRT works fine, I'd rather buy better food than pay £500 for a big ass flat screen.

Agreed. That's what I found so annoyign watching the Hugh Fearnly chicken programme, when you have these people claiming they don't have enough money to buy a decent chicken, well if you didn't have a 35" telly, and eat nothing but crisps and Carling, you could afford good food.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
just finished it

they both annoyed me in different ways - it's just a shame everyone doesn't strike a fine balance between the two

the posh girl's mum wound me up a lot though - she needed a good old reality check
Quote by eazy-c
The rich one annoyed me.

But that goes without saying.

+1.

Within about two minutes, I wanted to smash my TV. She got better at the end though, when she realised the impact of the things she's said before. I think she was just shocked at how polite and friendly the 'chav' was, her prejudices were blown apart.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
mamma mia, mamma mia let me go!
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" if you want to get more in depth, they're a great set of books.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker