Can someone tell me what the deal is with a double coil p-90, or h90, or whatever the pickup in Billie Joe Armstrong's Les Paul Junior is called? Is it actually a a mini-humbucker in a p-90 case? Or is it a p-90 pickup that has just been modernized so it cancels hum?

Basically, what separates it from other p-90s?
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
i suspect it's a stacked p90. But i could be wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Stacked P90
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Okay, does that mean it's actually a humbucker then? Or just a P-90 taking advantage of humbucker technology?
^ probably kind of in-between those two options. it will probably sound more like a p90 than a humbucker, but probably won't sound exactly like a "true" single coil p90 either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, the coil underneath acts as a dummy coil, meaning it doesn't have pole pieces to pick up any string vibrations, IIRC. It's supposed to be transparent, but like all stacked single coils, it doesn't sound quiet like a real single coil, since it's two since coils wired in parallel. Looses a bit of that top end growl, I would suspect.
yeah, that's what i'd figure. i've tried stack strat-style coils, and they didn't sound like true strat singles... i'd assume it's similar with p90s too (i think i've tried a vintage advance with stacked p90s, from what i can remember they were pretty nice but didn't sound exactly like "true" p90s...).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Alright, these responses explain what I was curious about. Thanks for all the help.