im looking for a song that a 3 person band can play to cover. just something that will take the audience by surprise. any genre will work. but were more into blues, rock and acoustic stuff. I've been looking for a good song to cover... but still haven't yet to find one. it would help so much if someone could recommend 1 or 2.

thanks,
Ed
Quote by mrwaffles
Me-"You know I was just kidding, right?"
God-"..."
Me-"I'm going to Hell, aren't I?"
God-"Yup"
Me-""
You haven't stated what instruments ya'll play, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it's the basic bass, guitar, drums. If that's the case, and your into blues, my suggestion would be little wing - Jimi Hendrix.

A second suggestion would be Hope Leaves - Opeth, that song has gotten me phone numbers than I can count.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
we play a few hendrix tunes... ya and little wing... sorry about listing instruments. we have guitar, bass/sax, and drums
Quote by mrwaffles
God-"..."
God-"Yup"
Me-""
I would say Ocean by John Butler Trio if you can somehow incorporate bass and drums, otherwise maybe Swing Life Away by Rise Against
Now do you believe in rock and roll?

Can music save your mortal soul?
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of dover.

It's blues and rock, it is played by a 3 man band. And I guarantee it will make a BIG surprise on the audience.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of dover.

It's blues and rock, it is played by a 3 man band. And I guarantee it will make a BIG surprise on the audience.

Sorry if this is misplaced doubt, but Eric Johnson can barely play that song...
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by xIckyThumpx
I would say Ocean by John Butler Trio if you can somehow incorporate bass and drums, otherwise maybe Swing Life Away by Rise Against

Those are 2 good ones...

Maybe Wonderwall by Oasis?
or something by dave matthews band?
i've tryed cliffs of dover but i couldn't do it. just little bit out of my reach
Quote by mrwaffles
God-"..."
God-"Yup"
Me-""
Quote by ed_roffmann93
i've tryed cliffs of dover but i couldn't do it. just little bit out of my reach

You shouldn't feel bad about that, even if you manage to get the technique down (which is ridiculous) the phrasing will take you the rest of your life (at least).
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by The_Sophist
You shouldn't feel bad about that, even if you manage to get the technique down (which is ridiculous) the phrasing will take you the rest of your life (at least).

ya. hahaha. i know little wing on guitar but i cant sing with it though. I was thinking about just not singing if we played it live like SRV but ya....
Quote by mrwaffles
God-"..."
God-"Yup"
Me-""
Try the Beatles, probably wont suprise anyone but I have yet to find a person who dislikes the Beatles music (I say music specifically because there will be people who don't like them because they don't wear all leather and shit like that).
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
ya ya ya.. thats a good idea were learning about there discovery in school (nothing new to me ...) but could you recommend a couple songs. i had learned across the universe but long since forgotten it.
Quote by mrwaffles
God-"..."
God-"Yup"
Me-""
Let it be, Norwegian wood would impress me if pulled of right.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz