Ok so one of my dads stoner friends hooked him up with an old, and i mean OLD, Ampeg VT-22 amp. Ive read some reviews, and they've all been glowing. I play mainly classic rock, the hardest being a bit of Metallica and the lightest being some Zeppelin, with lots of Santana, RATM, Audioslave, AC/DC, and Van Halen thrown in there to even it out. I don't(or rather can't) play fast, more David Gilmour speed, Hotel California, etc. But what I want to know is if its worth getting this 90 lb tank of an amp to my local music store and seeing if i should get new tubes for it (as it needs them bad). Right now this thing is a piece of shit, but is it worth fixing?
I am an officially ordained Dudist Priest.

"Human beings are miraculous for their ability to learn and adapt from their mistakes, but even more so for their apparent disinclination to do so." Douglas Adams
If you don't want to fix it, I'll take it off your hands.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Dude hell yeah you should keep it its a nice piece of equipment not to mention it may be worth something later on if you keep it nice a good
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Most definitely. Ampegs are my favorite guitar amps, honestly.

You'll need some 7027's for a retube, though.

http://www.tubedepot.com/jj-7027a.html